Stock turbo t3 from doo for 2016

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, your right there, but I'm not making any claims to the possibility of things I know nothing about. However, what I do know, is that I didnt get my factory can on my T3 because they could not make the noise level requirements. Having said that, I know how much room there is under the hood of my sled and I know how much room a turbo takes up once it's installed. After all that, there is no way that the stock suit case (to meet noise restrictions) and a turbo will fit. That's all I'm saying, I could also be in denial about it, being my turbo is getting installed as we speak. I imagine a factory one would be exceptionally cheaper.

Tons of Room for any type of muffler you could ever want. You may even be able to get the ol' suitcase into that space.....

I think the noise aspect will be the easy part. Fueling it lean enough to pass emissions but not detonate in the midrange would be the real test.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My hopes of a stock turbo for next season got trashed recently when Brad at aero told me they were invited to represent their kit once again at doos new release in Vegas... Would not see doo releasing one and inviting aero to show off theirs..

Don't understand why doo always get so close and flops out on the kill shot... They made the three inch 174, put a turbo on the maverick.. Now Make a dam turbos or the etec, charge accordingly $$ and offer limited warrenty... They seam to always leave to much on the table for the compition

always next year..

I didn't expect to see boost on a 2 stroke yet. This doesn't mean we won't see a lightweight boosted 4s though...I can see that as much more of a reality.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are going to see a power increase for Doo on some models. How they get to that power increase I do not know but its coming.

There are people are claiming the etec2 technology will be used in the sleds and the current R mono block will be phased out. Might you see a new completely designed high output etec2 with a larger displacement? I am not saying a 1000, but if the etec has proven reliability, and the etec2 proven better power while meeting emissions do they even need to go larger than the 800? The 888 Etec2 HO might be more fiction than fact but those who feel they need more power might get it.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
with the pending release of another platform ( every 4ish years) its not what are they gonna do this year... its what are they gonna do in 2..... lol

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Tons of Room for any type of muffler you could ever want. You may even be able to get the ol' suitcase into that space.....

I think the noise aspect will be the easy part. Fueling it lean enough to pass emissions but not detonate in the midrange would be the real test.

What, is that mounted right on the Y pipe. Never seen that set up before, who's and what is it, may I ask?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rather than seeing some mild, overpriced, stock turbo system......I would rather they change their sales structure by selling you a "race" sled. Ideally they would even sell it to you without certain items you are going to replace anyways....ie. can, shocks, etc. Then take the cost of warranty off as well. Then a guy would have a reasonably priced platform to start modding from and you can put a real turbo system on. Probably an unrealistic idea.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
However, what I do know, is that I didnt get my factory can on my T3 because they could not make the noise level requirements.

There's your first mistake, you believed something a corporation told you. Rule #1, corporations will say anything for their own benefit regardless of accuracy.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rather than seeing some mild, overpriced, stock turbo system......I would rather they change their sales structure by selling you a "race" sled. Ideally they would even sell it to you without certain items you are going to replace anyways....ie. can, shocks, etc. Then take the cost of warranty off as well. Then a guy would have a reasonably priced platform to start modding from and you can put a real turbo system on. Probably an unrealistic idea.

that would be pretty badass. but yes likely unrealistic.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with the pending release of another platform ( every 4ish years) its not what are they gonna do this year... its what are they gonna do in 2..... lol

Your right. Skidoo in the past had put a new motor in a current chassis, then comes out with a new chassis the following year.

03 summit 800 HO- 04 rev 800 HO
07 rev 800R- 08 XP 800R

The odd one out is the Etec to XM as it was ran in the XP chassis for 2 seasons before the XM was released. We'll see if it repeats.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XM wasn't a new chassis ?
Just some small refinements to improve the XP.
Rev = new chassis
XP = new chassis
2016 = new chassis
IMO

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What, is that mounted right on the Y pipe. Never seen that set up before, who's and what is it, may I ask?

It's my T3 with TSS's instaboost installed. They siphon exhaust gas from the fat part of the expansion chamber instead of the end of the pipe.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My hopes of a stock turbo for next season got trashed recently when Brad at aero told me they were invited to represent their kit once again at doos new release in Vegas... Would not see doo releasing one and inviting aero to show off theirs..

Don't understand why doo always get so close and flops out on the kill shot... They made the three inch 174, put a turbo on the maverick.. Now Make a dam turbos or the etec, charge accordingly $$ and offer limited warrenty... They seam to always leave to much on the table for the compition

always next year..
Is it rumour or are you running a SHR 880 Turbo if so how's it working out? Cheers

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow and Mudders are funny. Every year without exception there is rumored to be a factory turbo (2stroke/4stroke w/e) big bore, new chassis, mid season release. I am going to bet that there is going to be nothing new. Bold new graphics and that's it. It happened in 2009, 10, 12, and 14. Maybe the utility sled will get an update. Maybe the 600 etec will be improved (it's been out longer than the 800)
There are other things to improve on. HP is always just an obvious guess because the 800R has had the same power for 9 years now. (there is no difference between the carb version R and the Etec. Marketing dyno figures only)
The flatland snow drought likely will keep end of season inventory levels higher than normal. Likely has an affect on new model releases. Also, it's much cheaper to keep building what they've got as long as they are where they want to be in terms of market share. A big reason why the Summit has gotten more and more mountain specific is because they weren't happy with where they were at in the mountain segment 5 years ago.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Polaris certainly isn't giving Skidoo any incentive to up there game next season. I here the new Cat is supposed to be 175hp stock though...

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I hear the new summit will have a factory turbo, warranty, be whisper quiet, and get 100 kms to a tank and have a factory installed controller to turn the hp up to 250 depending on what fuel you're into.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I hear the new summit will have a factory turbo, warranty, be whisper quiet, and get 100 kms to a tank and have a factory installed controller to turn the hp up to 250 depending on what fuel you're into.

That is fantastic news!!

Top Bottom