Stock track vs Challenger track

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
curtis at tracks canada has the 9104 camo extreme for 799 plus tax. No where close to 1100!

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, thats alittle better

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Peak 2.5 track ? I've found a line on a used one (1 season) for $ 400.00

puddin

Reaction score
I've had a dragon and my pro now and put the challenger track on them and I think they climb better especially when you get into a ill harder snow the stock track is terrible goin down hill on a beatin or harder snow the lugs just roll over but in soft fluffy snow not a really big diff but still like challenger track better

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The peak is a good hard or heavy snow track only. It is a trenching POS in the powder, first hand experience. Lots of posts on this track.
I have looked at alot of the other posts on the peak track and there were not to many negatives. Alot of people say its way better in all conditions. Thats wierd

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the 15x155x2.5 direct replacement for the pro. Heard only good things about it over the stock 155 5.1 track. Why wouldnt you want it.

Each to there own, but IMO if your going to pull your OEM track why not pony up for three inch (which is not available in a 154)or longer track. I just not sold on replacing stock to the same lug height. If you were taking your 155 to a CE 174 I would say nice choice. I think I might swap for a CE 162 3" (my sled is 163) but IMO I'm not changing just to have a CE track. Also the old story about them being hard to turn if the track is to long I don't believe. They may be not as easy as your 155 but the difference is mute. Its your dime don't let me get in your way, just not my idea of an upgrade. A stiffer track is what the Assault has.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go to a 3" track, which will be a 3" pitch - thus 7 tooth drivers are needed as 8 tooth would be to large & push the track into the bulk head.

Would there be enough clearance to run it with a stock chain case / belt drive ?
You would have to drop and roll to make it work correct ?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go to a 3" track, which will be a 3" pitch - thus 7 tooth drivers are needed as 8 tooth would be to large & push the track into the bulk head.

Would there be enough clearance to run it with a stock chain case / belt drive ?
You would have to drop and roll to make it work correct ?

In other posts I've read i believe they said that the chaincase sticks out just enough that the 3" track would hit. With the 2013 with no chaincase it should fit, we will know very soon as people are trying this as we speak. Yes you will need 7 tooth drivers. In the 2011-2012 Avid drivers and Chaincase is about the only way to get the three inch in because of the chaincase issue. I dont know how much of the track hits the chaincase. The only ones I seen was done with the Avid Chaincase.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also read somewhere, that Cammoplast will not warranty any 3" tracks with 7 tooth drivers. Something about the diameter being too small and tearing the lugs at the base. Not sure if it is real, but makes sense to me. Heard of alot of guys with doos loosing paddles on their 3", and they generally run the 7 tooth drivers.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also read somewhere, that Cammoplast will not warranty any 3" tracks with 7 tooth drivers. Something about the diameter being too small and tearing the lugs at the base. Not sure if it is real, but makes sense to me. Heard of alot of guys with doos loosing paddles on their 3", and they generally run the 7 tooth drivers.

False. There is no way for them to tell and as of right now driver tooth count is not a question on the warranty paperwork.

Reaction score
i just installed my 2.5 peak on mine in just under a hour and paid 650 for it through tracks usa track, rail extension, wheels and shiping was 933 to my door

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
False. There is no way for them to tell and as of right now driver tooth count is not a question on the warranty paperwork.

Either way, the 7 tooth drivers seem to cause premature delamination of the 3" tracks.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just installed my 2.5 peak on mine in just under a hour and paid 650 for it through tracks usa track, rail extension, wheels and shiping was 933 to my door
What did your sled have on it to begin with and what length have you gone to now? I have a 155 and am looking at a peak 2.5 track just debating if I should step up to the 162 or keep the 155

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well I just phoned them and for some reason they can no longer ship camoplast tracks to Canada. That sucks. It would be close to the same price here after shipping any ways I guess.:(

Top Bottom