Stay Home Proposal

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agre with Caper here. How’s that going to help out? Her paying you is giving you money but really the same money within the house hold. So just do her a favour as you’re home unemployed clean the house and tell her to keep her money and stay in ei. At least ei you have money that’s not from your household coming in.

Or does she have a business where she can write off your wage?
Really....... what happens when EI runs out, then what? Also why wouldn't I pick up a part time job, or further MY OWN company and still be semi retired. Also do yourself a favor and

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slightly confused about what your asking. My guess is you two split expenses say 50/50 and because if you only worked part-time it wouldn't be enough for you to cover your half so in essence she would kick in $2200 to your side each month for you taking care of cooking and cleaning? If she has a good job and you are both happy with the arrangement then why not?

The worst that's going to happen is we might make fun of you a bit :D

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can get you an apron
d07b1afed0da515e3941e355d29302bb.jpg

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happens if you get fired though or simply just get tired of not being the best cook/cleaner yadda yadda and the boss skids yo azz or you simply quit then what? Tread very carefully on this one, i would write up some rules of engagement and dismissal clauses:)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What happens if you get fired though or simply just get tired of not being the best cook/cleaner yadda yadda and the boss skids yo azz or you simply quit then what? Tread very carefully on this one, i would write up some rules of engagement and dismissal clauses:)
OMG....... I never considered this. I am going to have to rethink this a little.

Thank you, I owe you one

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really....... what happens when EI runs out, then what? Also why wouldn't I pick up a part time job, or further MY OWN company and still be semi retired. Also do yourself a favor and

Oh the part time job and furthering your own company is great and I understand that ei will run out. Just having a hard time wrapping my my head around her paying you is helping your guys income. But if it works for you the good

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh the part time job and furthering your own company is great and I understand that ei will run out. Just having a hard time wrapping my my head around her paying you is helping your guys income. But if it works for you the good
I agree Neil. Be better off her keeping the income and Doug keeping EI and doing some cash jobs on the side.

Top Bottom