Starlink

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is on the way now as well. I want to mount mine on the roof. Can I just mount it with what comes in the kit or do I need some other type of mount?
You will need the roof mount, sold in the starlink app store. I think it is called a volcano mount, that is what i used. Using an old satellite dish J mount might be better/easier if you have one though.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The roof mount comes with sealant and screws. The sealant seems to work well, guess i will know in a few years if my roof rots out lol.

I also ordered the wall kit, it comes with wire clips, grommets, sealant, drill bit, and wire fishing tool for sealing/securing the cable through the wall.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can. There are holes in the end of the legs. I just screwed it right to my roof. I would add pictures but this website is broken.
I did the same. Right on the peak straddled lengthwise. Got some good sealant for the lag bolts and cable, drilled the hole for the cable right at the peak and bolted it down. No leaks, no issues...been working good for a year now. There's been problems with cables lately, if there is movement from wind etc expect the cable to fail.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the same. Right on the peak straddled lengthwise. Got some good sealant for the lag bolts and cable, drilled the hole for the cable right at the peak and bolted it down. No leaks, no issues...been working good for a year now. There's been problems with cables lately, if there is movement from wind etc expect the cable to fail.
I'm guessing thats on the rectangular ones and it's working itself loose?

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I received my Starlink yesterday and installed it on my current tripod/tower pole. Got it all working good yesterday without any obstructions etc. I get up this morning and it’s not working? I got it to work by unplugging the router and plugging it back in, but now it’s searching for another 6 hours for obstruction. WTF

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I received my Starlink yesterday and installed it on my current tripod/tower pole. Got it all working good yesterday without any obstructions etc. I get up this morning and it’s not working? I got it to work by unplugging the router and plugging it back in, but now it’s searching for another 6 hours for obstruction. WTF
get it figured out !?!?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine Monday but didn’t know about it till last night. Anybody know when the charges start? Do you have to activate it before they start charging you or do they start charging you when you take possession. We are using ours only for camping.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They start charging 7 days after shipping date i think. No activation required.

Top Bottom