sportsman 90 help please!!

Mkrigel

Reaction score
i got my brothers sportsman 90 in a little too deep, it stalled in the water and the exhausted was under water. no water in oil but i think it got in the crankcase, because when i start it, it will run but when i hit the gas it dies. any advice. please. :d

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got my brothers sportsman 90 in a little too deep, it stalled in the water and the exhausted was under water. no water in oil but i think it got in the crankcase, because when i start it, it will run but when i hit the gas it dies. any advice. please. :d

you should drain and replace the oil a few times to clean out the crankcase properly....even flush it out with diesel to help get the water out. You'll probbable need to clean out your carbs and float bowls also.

Mkrigel

Reaction score
bowls and carb how hard would that be to do, the oil flush i am going to do today but how hard is it to do the bowls and carb.

Black08Brute

Reaction score
I believe there is a little screw on the side of the carb that will drain the float bowl. It is located on the side.It will have a flat head screw on it.

Mkrigel

Reaction score
hey thanks for your help i flushd the oil and drained the carb and it started and ran, alot of water came out of the exhaust, oops, i am going today to go and grab the new oil. thanks again

Top Bottom