Sounds like it's running on one.

M1000CAT

Reaction score
Took out my new pro today. Loved it and can't wait to ride again but on the way back to the truck I turned a corner and all of a sudden it ran like ****. Sounded really weird and had no power at all. Any ideas where to look.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Polaris used to use champion plugs and they are garbage! My rmk would foul them like crazy. Replace with ngk plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone in the McBride riding thread experienced the same thing. Fouling plugs.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are running the 40:1 premix they recommend for break-in its probably your plugs. I'm the guy from the mcbride thread and I fouled one plug in that first tank of pre-mix but its to be expected when you run that much extra oil. The doo rider who posted on it decided to make it sound worse than it was! Too much doolaid for him I guess! haha Replace the plugs and you should be good to go! I don't forsee it being a problem after that first tank of pre-mix.... They do come stock with NGK plugs now

Last edited:

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are running the 40:1 premix they recommend for break-in its probably your plugs. I'm the guy from the mcbride thread and I fouled one plug in that first tank of pre-mix but its to be expected when you run that much extra oil. The doo rider who posted on it decided to make it sound worse than it was! Too much doolaid for him I guess! haha Replace the plugs and you should be good to go! I don't forsee it being a problem after that first tank of pre-mix.... They do come stock with NGK plugs now
I'll be sure to carry an extra set for you , just incase . I learnt my lesson .

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya seems so be quite a few guys fouling them on the first ride because of the pre mix and the extra oil the pump puts out. just need to make sure to ride the sled as much as possible and stay away from idle time. unless your warming the sled up of course.

bsoluk

Reaction score
Took my new axys rmk out to Mcbride this week and had the same problem. Kept fouling the mag side plug. Just even idling to warm the sled up properly would foul a plug. 5 plugs with 3 hrs on the the sled. Can't wait until I burn off the tank of mixed gas. Bring extra spark plugs guys.

yami

Reaction score
Took my new axys rmk out to Mcbride this week and had the same problem. Kept fouling the mag side plug. Just even idling to warm the sled up properly would foul a plug. 5 plugs with 3 hrs on the the sled. Can't wait until I burn off the tank of mixed gas. Bring extra spark plugs guys.
Idling time will kill the plug on break in. Don't be scared to pin it, cleans it out and seats the rings. Idling it around will only foul the plugs and glaze the cylinders preventing a good break in

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the 40:1 premix in the first tank a recommendation from the manufacturer or are guys doing it just because? Seems a little heavy to me.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the 40:1 premix in the first tank a recommendation from the manufacturer or are guys doing it just because? Seems a little heavy to me.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Its polaris' recommendation to run 40:1 pre-mix in the first tank. Seems a bit rich, smokes like a diesel but if thats whats good for the motor then I don't see a problem. Plugs are cheap.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
40:1? That's enough oil to run without the oil injection. Seems high to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiggsNWt

Reaction score
I recommend only running 500ml in the first tank to all my customers. Also never dump the oil directly into fuel tank. Premix in jerry can then add to tank.

Our experience on the flat land 800 HO sleds last year is that break in is well over 100 miles. Look for nice performance gains with between 8-10 hours on the engine.

Diggs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom