Sooooo........anyone weigh the new sleds yet?

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the truck scales are like in your neck of the woods but here they go by Kg's and only in increments of 10kg, so I really don’t think they are sensitive enough to satisfy most of the peeps on this site.

JMO

BM

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can remember waiting for polaris sleds to cool down on the trails way back in the 90's. I thought they solved this by now. Are their cranks fixed?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The poo's should be lighter, they use haif the material to build it and like maxwell said half a cooler......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your taking to me I got this info from a sledding magazine has nothing to do with a truck scale

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your taking to me I got this info from a sledding magazine has nothing to do with a truck scale

No I didn’t intend the post for you. Sorry for the confusion.

Nice sleds!! A real weight comparison IMO should be all fluids full. It would be cool if yah can get to a truck scale and weigh both of them. There is no doubt that the pro is lighter I'm kind of curious on how much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post was meant for ^^^.

BM

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
hmmm.......good read. I always "thought" these things were "lightweight". 575 full is pretty close to 6 hundy with your jerry can strapped on. ;)
Braaaaappppp
RS

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My pro did heat up once last spring. I thought I could get away without scratchers on the trail. Guess not. I dont like to drive fast on trails.

Then again, my cat wouldn't make it up the trail without scratchers either.
Wait... my 08 xp needed them too (don't know about the etec though).

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is awesome!!!! Last year it was the too heavy, too wide ProClimb that was gonna get it's ass handed to it on the hill by the featherweight ProRMK......then the snow flew, and we never did see a stock RMK lay a beating on a (my) ProClimb. From a guy that has no skin in the Doo/Poo battle.............. the 2013 XM will out climb the 2013 RMK; no matter who the scale says should win, you heard it here first. :beer:

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just remembered something. doesnt the pro rmk have an extrememly small cooling system? ie very small rear cooler loop? hence why im always waiting for them to cool down on the trail in the spring? this can also account for 15+lbs no problem. again just one of those items that may not matter to someone.

View attachment 140324

is that cooler full tunnel width or is it a small loop running down each edge?

A few inches wide on either side
Cooler.jpg

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats hard to believe the wet weight in that magazine? But it will be interesting to see some real numbers from guys on here that can weigh both of them objectively. It is interesting to see the difference from dry to wet weight.

Either way, I think we as consumers are winning big time. I honestly dont know which of the three I would buy if I were buying today. Each one has its goods and bads......but 10 years ago it probably would have cost 30k or more to get the hp and wieght we are getting stock now.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
American Snowmobiler could post that the Doo was lightest and I wouldn't buy that rag. I too am skeptical of the Pro weighing 160 more pounds wet.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that number must be a typo,maybe 517 pds wet? We have 4 Pros in our riding group, no issues on the trail as long as the scratchers are down.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love this battle.... on and on... feels like the middle east.

Id perfer to ride a sled that i dont have to be a pro to destroy those hills. The xm will make good riders great and thats worth 50 pounds.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW where is the cooling system, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm another 15lbs saved.

D.
Come to the dark side. I know you secretly want to. But seriously, if you are getting an XM I would love to spend some time on your sled again.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2012 pro rmk with electric start was 1 lb heavier than the cat in one of the mags i bought. wet for wet. (electric start weighed i think 15-25 lbs?)

Top Bottom