Something to look into

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last week i picked up my XM, this weekend i spent some time looking it over, pulling foam etc. When i had the pipe out to remove the foam from the front i noticed a small bolt laying in the bottom of the nose. After some looking around i noticed the plastic cover on the power valves only had one bolt. So i installed the bolt and carried on with my day. Later i was removing my rear suspension skid because i'm doing a suspension upgrade and 3 locations that should have grease nipples don't. The holes are there and everything, i'm guessing this sled was a Friday afternoon build. I'd suggest to have a really good look at your unit once you pick it up.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last week i picked up my XM, this weekend i spent some time looking it over, pulling foam etc. When i had the pipe out to remove the foam from the front i noticed a small bolt laying in the bottom of the nose. After some looking around i noticed the plastic cover on the power valves only had one bolt. So i installed the bolt and carried on with my day. Later i was removing my rear suspension skid because i'm doing a suspension upgrade and 3 locations that should have grease nipples don't. The holes are there and everything, i'm guessing this sled was a Friday afternoon build. I'd suggest to have a really good look at your unit once you pick it up.
These things should have been picked up during PDI

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea a friend of mine's XM came without the nuts on the front shock bolts!! he never noticed and rode it like that, until the shock fell out, on the trail out, on day 2. Only a few miles from the truck and was not hurt luckily. Did a lot of damage and he could have been badly hurt had he been going faster. Best to check out your sled/bike/quad yourself before riding it, its ur azz on the line after all.

Last edited:

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, you pay dearly for PDI .. first call your dealer and have them make it right, second call BRP and let them know how shoddy your dealer is

dealers rely a lot on customer feedback to BRP.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most dealers have after school teenagers doing the PDI's nowadays, always have a good look at anything new after picking it up. The worst f-up I ever seen was a nut on a ski was missed, bolt fell out the ski at moderate speed, rider ended up with busted collar bone and the sled was wrote off....dealer was sued and lost.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want something done right, do it your self.

did the same thing,dealer dropped off crate with loader..right on garage floor

Don't be bragging up your dealer online boys. Selling a sled in the crate is a serious no no as far as BRP is concerned. There are BRP peeps that monitor this site and could create issues for the dealer if found out. Just sayn. Enjoy your new rides!:beer:

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty would be my concern.. Something happens down the road - they say if BRP PDI they would have caught it.. Went thru my sled bumper to bumper, handlebars were loose and that's all i found..

Sledstruck

Reaction score

Was your dealer in red deer by chance? Sounds about like their speed! The dealer really dropped the ball on that one, any good dealer should go top to bottem and be sure of all of that stuff, and further more any decent shop should be doing setup for your weight and riding style.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest i don't blame the dealer as a whole, like previously mentioned it probably was an inexperianced person doing the PDI. I talked to them and they are going to fix the problem, they have treated me fairly well in the past. The intention of this thread wasn't to sewer a particular dealer but inform others of potential problems before they discover them on the side of a mountain. I believe as sled owners we are responsible for looking after our own machines, to an extent of course. There is one exception however, if this was costing me riding time then id be p!ssed!! haha

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be bragging up your dealer online boys. Selling a sled in the crate is a serious no no as far as BRP is concerned. There are BRP peeps that monitor this site and could create issues for the dealer if found out. Just sayn. Enjoy your new rides!:beer:
never said what i bought when i bought or where i bought..or even year....im not dumb enough to show the actual crate with a tag on it....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and you don't think those numbers on the crate would be recognizable to BRP? I'm thinking you had better give your head a shake..........just saying:d
Put on your glasses Doug :nono: Pow is not the one that posted the pic.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and you don't think those numbers on the crate would be recognizable to BRP? I'm thinking you had better give your head a shake..........just saying:d
better go back to re-read posts......btw love your youtube vids

Top Bottom