Something needs to change!!!

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree the drinking and riding is out of control at times, enforcement is the only thing that will have any effect on it.
If we do start seeing check stops expect them to be checking for everything they can make a dollar on, not just impairment.
That being said, I can imagine the whining and b*tch*g we will have to endure on here about the targeting of certain ecotypes ( white Oakleys come to mind ).

EmEight

Reaction score
So I just talked to the Revelstoke RCMP. She told me they still do regular patrols on Boulder. Usually one during the week and one on the weekend. Although I haven't seen them in a long time. Guess I'm just not at the cabin at those times. And she also said they do checstops. Not at the trail head but down the road from the parking lot entrance. Also, as stated in some posts here, call it in if possible and they will try and get the guy in the parking lot. She is going to get the staff Sergeant to call me back with some more info. I'll post after that conversation.

EmEight

Reaction score
O my.. I see check stops coming at the cabin soon.. Running threw registration to emissions, be carful to what you wish for guys

Shouldnt you only need three things? Registration, insurance, and not be under the influence...

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about excess db, Excess co2 emissions, and what ever else they can come up with to make a violation..

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I agree with Freddy.

IMO, there is no need to get the RC's involved. That won't solve anything, and likely just make it worse for everyone.

What needs to be done, is make it uncool. If you see it happening, call the person out. Belittle them. Point out how stupid they are. In their defence, some people might not actually understand how stupid they are being, and are only trying to be part of the group.

i'm to the point now, where to me anymore then one is unacceptable. And even one I have a hard time with, simply because of the example it sets. It also gives many people the ammo they need in the fight against us, and the stero type we are labelled with.

But we really should deal with this from inside the community first, because like Freddy says- once there out snooping around...

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree but have you ever tried to reason with a drunk person? Almost impossible and many times it goes side ways and they get aggressive. Had that happen to me once. Fortunately I am a big guy so his bark was louder than his bite.

I hate to say it, but I agree with Freddy.

IMO, there is no need to get the RC's involved. That won't solve anything, and likely just make it worse for everyone.

What needs to be done, is make it uncool. If you see it happening, call the person out. Belittle them. Point out how stupid they are. In their defence, some people might not actually understand how stupid they are being, and are only trying to be part of the group.

i'm to the point now, where to me anymore then one is unacceptable. And even one I have a hard time with, simply because of the example it sets. It also gives many people the ammo they need in the fight against us, and the stero type we are labelled with.

But we really should deal with this from inside the community first, because like Freddy says- once there out snooping around...

EmEight

Reaction score
I agree but have you ever tried to reason with a drunk person? Almost impossible and many times it goes side ways and they get aggressive. Had that happen to me once. Fortunately I am a big guy so his bark was louder than his bite.

Never mind a group of drunk guys. I don't see confrontation ending well. Now the cops will be out breaking up brawls in the parking lots. That's not good for our sport ether.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that comments could be made without a fight breaking out. But, if the people you come across are as drunk as some of you portray them as, I'm betting it wouldn't be much of a fight anyway.

And to be clear, it's not even so much the drinking that bothers me. The people that do it, should do it away from the public eye. Don't do it in the parking lots, or cabins. It sets a terrible example for new riders, and young riders.
But again, most people are reasonable, and usually stop once their called out.

Police don't change a mentality, only people can do that.

The same people that are dangerous while impaired, are very likely the same group that is dangerous sober.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fact is smoking a joint vs drunk assholes at the cabin. Drunk is worse. I don't ride drunk or rip around with a bong in the pocket. But one or two puffs at the gas drop on the way down is no different than a ( beer or two). Personally I ride to smash pow not party. That's why I stay away from areas with warm up cabins.
I agree. Nothing wrong with a couple beer through the day. Or the odd hoot. Your not going to be impaired. Smashing through a box is a different story though.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I just talked to the Revelstoke RCMP. She told me they still do regular patrols on Boulder. Usually one during the week and one on the weekend. Although I haven't seen them in a long time. Guess I'm just not at the cabin at those times. And she also said they do checstops. Not at the trail head but down the road from the parking lot entrance. Also, as stated in some posts here, call it in if possible and they will try and get the guy in the parking lot. She is going to get the staff Sergeant to call me back with some more info. I'll post after that conversation.[/QUOTE

you want enforcement then trade your sled for skies. They can make sure your not over served at the ski hill. Last thing Sledders and our sport need is more (regulation)

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen the rc's patrolling the parking lot at Clemina and seen them up in the alpine at Chappell. Sat and talked with them both times. No issues at all if they are around patrolling but as with anything if some select few give them a reason to monitor full time there can and would be issues.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank god for all you guys concerned for everyone else. God bless you, your going to make this world a better place for everyone. All those people you care about so much are going to thank you one day. It's bad enough natural selection could possibly harm these people. Please get the RCMP to protect and serve those that can't do it themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious why so many are afraid of extra police presence? Agreed there are few of the officers that are dicks but they are people too. People in a situation most of us do not want to be in. The middle. I really don't like fish cops but over the last couple of fishing seasons I've actually looked forward to the visit on the river to bs a little, let the officers do their job and get some hot spot info. How hard would it be to get to know the local boys or girls in blue, establish a relationship putting sledding safety in front of anything else. Work with them instead of against them. It isn't only us on the trail, its our kids, wives n buddies.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen check stops on the road out of Gorman. I like that but that only gets the driver. He could be sober and the three other guys in the truck *hit face drunk and they have driven their sleds down and there is really nothing they can do. IMHO, a check stop has to be set up at the end of the trail entering the parking lot to get the dudes coming back to the parking lot. The authorities would get a really good return for the time spent.

But it is funny how these things work................it will take a deadly accident up on the hill before something is done about it. Sort of like closing the barn door after the horses are out.
i know that could be the case Doug,,,,but a creative cop could have the whole vehicle blow if they answered yes to the question were they snowmobiling today

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen the rc's patrolling the parking lot at Clemina and seen them up in the alpine at Chappell. Sat and talked with them both times. No issues at all if they are around patrolling but as with anything if some select few give them a reason to monitor full time there can and would be issues.
that great there is a presence there for many reasons ....drunk driving , theft prevention and so on

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know that could be the case Doug,,,,but a creative cop could have the whole vehicle blow if they answered yes to the question were they snowmobiling today
That would be like the cop asking you to blow on the way home from anywhere with a d.d., Were you driving a car earlier today?? Not going to ever happen.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I maybe wrong, but I believe getting a DUI on a sled, would result in a suspension of the drivers licence as well.
But really....? How effective is a conviction of a DUI? Some inconvenience to show up to court, a slick lawyer pleading hard ship if the licence is lost... A slap on the wrist (drive only to and from work) and a $1500 fine. Thats 1 day ot while on site.
It's just like thieves and trespassers we post threads about. The cops catch them and our laws release them with little or no punishment.
The good folks need to be more creative in taking matters into our own hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV4UpImsQfQ

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I maybe wrong, but I believe getting a DUI on a sled, would result in a suspension of the drivers licence as well.
But really....? How effective is a conviction of a DUI? Some inconvenience to show up to court, a slick lawyer pleading hard ship if the licence is lost... A slap on the wrist (drive only to and from work) and a $1500 fine. Thats 1 day ot while on site.
It's just like thieves and trespassers we post threads about. The cops catch them and our laws release them with little or no punishment.
The good folks need to be more creative in taking matters into our own hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV4UpImsQfQ

A DUI these days is really strict. Steering papers gone on the spot. Forces you to plead guilty. No more stalling or long court delays. Walking starts at the traffic stop. Yes you can beat it possibly. But your gonna wear out some shoes

Top Bottom