Solid back up/ loaner?

bathtub28

Reaction score
Just curious if the m's are a good choice for a back up of a loaner for the gf or brother who r novice riders. Obviously looking for reliability , cost and ease of repairs , and by looking around , the r cheap to pick up all over. And whitch is best for such a sled , the 6,7 or 8?

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive done lots of reading before i got my M7. It seemed to be the most reliable midsize sled fromwhat i read. easy to throw around and more than enough power.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious if the m's are a good choice for a back up of a loaner for the gf or brother who r novice riders. Obviously looking for reliability , cost and ease of repairs , and by looking around , the r cheap to pick up all over. And whitch is best for such a sled , the 6,7 or 8?
I went M8 153 although I wanted a 162 just because the deal worked best for me, the 8 has reverse and is the sole reason as I wanted a 7 because its all around power is good enough for me and a good starter for newbies etc but I have an enclosed that's not drive in drive out and I found in the past beginners and new riders tend to do stupid things like parking where you have to back up or wrestle the front end around manually to get going, not that it's not funny to watch your buddies do stupid things but when it's your girl and you're the one doing the work it gets old fast

bathtub28

Reaction score
That's a real good point there , never even crossed my mind , thanks .

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with an m8, very reliable motor, easy to ride, should be a pull and go sled

saltywalt

Reaction score
Make sure it's '09 or newer to get engine reverse. Mechanical reverse Diamond Drives are junk.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure it's '09 or newer to get engine reverse. Mechanical reverse Diamond Drives are junk.

No they're not. The cheap azz transfer gear bearing AC put in there is though. Upgrade that to a 3203 double row thrust bearing like AC should have done in the first place and reverse DD's are good to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom