Snowmobilers finally win one against Caribou closures

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well , I take this as bad news for this side of the border , because being Canadians like we are , now we will have to set a side twice as much land as before , it is the only right thing to do , right

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Are these the same group of Caribou that the BC government spent thousands of dollars relocating and trying to "renaturalize" was it last spring only to have most of the herd die off?

Jan

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well , I take this as bad news for this side of the border , because being Canadians like we are , now we will have to set a side twice as much land as before , it is the only right thing to do , right

Thats what I was kind of thinking. I hope they decide to use a little common sense like our neighbors to the south. This whole caribou issue is retarded. And I'm not saying that as a snowmobiler, but as a tax payer.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these the same group of Caribou that the BC government spent thousands of dollars relocating and trying to "renaturalize" was it last spring only to have most of the herd die off?

Jan
No, this herd is the one on the Salmo-Creston pass area.
The best part of all after this years fiasco is that they plan to go ahead again next year( if they can find a donor herd.)

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The article mentions the reduction of the closure area was spearheaded by snowmobilers and "republican senators from Idaho" as opposed to "liberal and NDP mp's from Vancouver". That in a nutshell is the difference between Idaho and BC. There is an abundance of common sense with respect to environmental issues in Idaho beacuse the population is mostly rural with no heavily populated urban centres dominating the vote and urban areas in North America tend to vote to the right side of the political side spectrum where there is also more common sense with respect to environmental issues than the left side. The problem with BC is that even though local rural MP's may work hard for their constituents the majority of the MP's in BC are elected by people who know nothing about caribou and even less about snowmobiling so it will likely always be an uphill struggle and one has to admire and respect those who carry on this struggle on our behalf. The key is to educate that large percentage of the population that is based in heavily populated urban areas to the truth but that can be very expensive and often they do not want to listen to logic with the well funded green movement yapping "the sky is falling" in their other ear.

Top Bottom