Snow in RZR air cleaner

racerfromhell

Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with getiing snow in the air filter canister on their RZR???
I was servicing my filter the day after a ride, (I park it in a heated garage) and when I took the cover off......SPLASH......a lot of water came out. :eek: Any way of preventing this? My air filter got all wet.....:wtf1:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think K&N makes a prefilter for the RZR. If not, just wrap a panty hose around the intake. I had an old fan cooled sled that froze up every time i'd ride it, did the ol pantyhose thing, and never had a problem.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with getiing snow in the air filter canister on their RZR???
I was servicing my filter the day after a ride, (I park it in a heated garage) and when I took the cover off......SPLASH......a lot of water came out. :eek: Any way of preventing this? My air filter got all wet.....:wtf1:

weird! your intake draws air from your cab, behind your seat. Did you bomb through any snow banks and get snow in the cab?? I'll be going for a ride these days off I'll check and see if this happens to me.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
It's a 2008 with a windshield, roof and canvas rear panel. There is a bit (not bad) of swirling snow at speed. Yes i was "bombing" through the snow some quite deep some not

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will check with my polaris buddy i remember him saying something about a deflector put in 09 my and up at the factory

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQwK7CItha0[/media]
Yup I had a little bit of snow in the intake (1/8"), but not as much as i thought i would. I had 6 inches of snow in the floor and snow packed solid behing the seat after that ride. Think if i install the canvas windsheild it would stop the swirling snow?

racerfromhell

Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQwK7CItha0[/media]
Yup I had a little bit of snow in the intake (1/8"), but not as much as i thought i would. I had 6 inches of snow in the floor and snow packed solid behing the seat after that ride. Think if i install the canvas windsheild it would stop the swirling snow?

Yup your right. I have the full windshield, sport roof and the canvas rear panel. The rear panel stops MOST of the snow swirl, but not all. But it GREATLY reduces it. I get some snow on the floor but not too much. I also put in the dash block off kit from polaris and this really helps the snow on the floor. The snow gets kicked up from the front tires and enters from under the dash and then falls on the floor with out it. I was getting around 6 inches and it droped to just a little bit after I installed the block off kit. I also put weather striping on both sides of the parts that get installed in the fenders because i did'nt like the way it sealed (I had some and it really sealed it up nice) if you want I can take a pic and show you if you want, Just let me know...

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup your right. I have the full windshield, sport roof and the canvas rear panel. The rear panel stops MOST of the snow swirl, but not all. But it GREATLY reduces it. I get some snow on the floor but not too much. I also put in the dash block off kit from polaris and this really helps the snow on the floor. The snow gets kicked up from the front tires and enters from under the dash and then falls on the floor with out it. I was getting around 6 inches and it droped to just a little bit after I installed the block off kit. I also put weather striping on both sides of the parts that get installed in the fenders because i did'nt like the way it sealed (I had some and it really sealed it up nice) if you want I can take a pic and show you if you want, Just let me know...

Ya I'd like to a pic if you don't mind! Thanks for the info.

racerfromhell

Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC08520.JPG
    DSC08520.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC08521.JPG
    DSC08521.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC08518.JPG
    DSC08518.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC08523.JPG
    DSC08523.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC08524.JPG
    DSC08524.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 158

racerfromhell

Reaction score
by the way Fallen, the block off kit (polaris part # 2876900) does come with weather striping for all 4 pieces, I just added the seals that go between the part that gets installed into the fender and the molded floor pan and a liitle piece at the top. It took me about 45 minutes and a couple of beers to install.... I have some seal left I could mail to you if your going to install the kit (it was free to begin with anyway) as it is hard to find

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
by the way Fallen, the block off kit (polaris part # 2876900) does come with weather striping for all 4 pieces, I just added the seals that go between the part that gets installed into the fender and the molded floor pan and a liitle piece at the top. It took me about 45 minutes and a couple of beers to install.... I have some seal left I could mail to you if your going to install the kit (it was free to begin with anyway) as it is hard to find

looks good. I will diffinitly be getting that kit in the near future. thanks for the info. I should be able to find some seal at work but if I can't i'll be in contact haha

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a good layer of grease on the air box lid seal, this was a quick fix for the dust issuse these machines used to have.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just installed the rear window. looking foarward to see how much it reduces the swrilling snow! Will be buying the block of kit soon.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the air filter today and it was a block of ice. The full winshield even with the rear windshield still cause to much shwriling air and snow in the cab. I'll be switching to a half windshield in the near future they dont seems to cause any shwirling effect. It was also full of sand from my six lakes trip last summer.

Attachments

• plugedair.jpg
    plugedair.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 61

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that should work for snow and sand! the intake is a rectangle opening in the back of the cab should beable to velcro it on over top. I think i'll still go to a half wind shield to stop the sand and snow swirling right into my eyes haha.

try to find a way to install a sheet of snow pre-filter over the intake
I just use a hose clamp to hold it on the snorkel on my quad, sure you can find a way to cover the intake on the rzr

Polaris - Universal Powder Snow Pre-filter - Starting Line Products

racerfromhell

Reaction score
i just out in a K&N filter with the "sock" works great. keeps the snow out of the filter and just on the sock. Good investment. I am also going to cut the old sock from my old factory filter and use your idea of velcro and cover the opening. panty hose still lets in the snow. I will let you know now it works. I would go with the half windshield in the summer, but the full one is priceless in the cold.

Top Bottom