SLP Pipe Cracked??

luv2ride

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen the weld on an SLP pipe crack??? We were burning around on the lake yesterday and the pipe on hubby's M1000 blew. 900miles on sled (pipe) 2' crack along inseam weld. Anyone ever seen this? Should we bother contacting them for deffective weld? Lucky we caught it before the motor blew too!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen the weld on an SLP pipe crack??? We were burning around on the lake yesterday and the pipe on hubby's M1000 blew. 900miles on sled (pipe) 2' crack along inseam weld. Anyone ever seen this? Should we bother contacting them for deffective weld? Lucky we caught it before the motor blew too!!

You can contact them and see what they say. I have personally welded alot of them. They crack on the seams and i've seen the sensor welds crack and actually had one sensor blow right out. I have welded up lots of different brands, but on the M1000 the slp pipes do seem to be the worst for crackin.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew the pipe sensor bunge right out of my nephews M1000 SLP pipe too! Mines OK so far.:rolleyes:

salbendidi

Reaction score
my y pipe cracked on the seam. emailed them to see if they where gonna replace it or fix it. if no either of those some advice working with ceramic coating. 1 week later no email pack..

dont try and tell me my email go lost.
pls kcuf

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahah good thing I didn't buy that sled hahaha good thing we have a spare pipe kicking around

luv2ride

Reaction score
ya you keep laughing Colin!! You could still buy it...we'll just go stealth in the middle of the night and scam the one off PWoods M8. lol :yikes: He's gonna weld it...if he blows a big hole than I guess he gets a new pipe!!

Taylzee

Reaction score
I've done a few. Short bursts with the MIG and work from the outsides in. Unless he is a welder with a TIG, then it's a piece of cake.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Just blew the sensor outta mine last weekend, the guy that welded it said he has done 5 this year already and several of them had cracks on the seams as well.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dads speedwerx pipe on his m8 cracked after about 300 miles, he took it in the rec supply and they contacted speedwerx and he got a new pipe on warranty, happed a couple years ago and the new one has been fine ever since. He was told a couple of them had issues that year

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a speedwerx split open on my King. Miged it up myself and no more problems. The Y-pipe sometimes develops small cracks too. Cracks in the pipe will get worse in a hurry if you keep riding.

Top Bottom