Slocan River

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can boat the Slocan River? Or if there are any other decent rivers in the area that are jet boat worthy in the Kaslo/Nelson area? Maybe heading that way Mid April, and wondering if it’s worth bringing the boat.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't picked it up yet. Hopefully in the next week or so. I'm not rushing the rigger, as there is still ice on the river. Had a sled trip to Kaslo booked mid April, but I'm on the injured list so might as well go explore some rivers while the crew sleds.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can boat the Slocan River? Or if there are any other decent rivers in the area that are jet boat worthy in the Kaslo/Nelson area? Maybe heading that way Mid April, and wondering if it’s worth bringing the boat.

Bc fishing license has the rules about boating on the river in the regulations

turbokid

Reaction score
Haven't picked it up yet. Hopefully in the next week or so. I'm not rushing the rigger, as there is still ice on the river. Had a sled trip to Kaslo booked mid April, but I'm on the injured list so might as well go explore some rivers while the crew sleds.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually want to go camping at Whiteswan lake this August… I haven’t pulled the boat that far before… but man there’s a lot of awesome boating to be done between there and Clearwater!

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right now, there are no laws prohibiting any kind of motorized craft on the shallow, winding, 60-kilometre Slocan River – something most people aren’t aware of, she says, which has helped.

Well we do now Karen ........

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, and hopefully we will have some video and pics soon.

@No Brakes, me and a crew are thinking of a few days at canal flats this summer as well. Let's keep in touch.

Top Bottom