sledder missing in Revy - FOUND Dec 10 - RIP Travis

slopok

Reaction score
Rest In Peace. Kudos to all that took time to search and look for this person. SAR and locals provide a unmatchable resource I thank all of you.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rip Travis, condolences to family and friends

We were 1/2 km or less from finding him, the group that did, I'm not sure if they were out there to ride or look, but we went back to cabin to eat and was just going back to doing the grid search, and they were just where we were when we left

We would have found him if they didn't, went with my gut instinct, between vediman and shady lane, we were going low and high off vediman, as far as I figured a 155 polaris could go and back

Not the best outcome but family has closure now

If it would have snowed a foot again more, would not have seen the tip of the orange helmet or shovel handle by the tree

Rip dude, and good job fir the sled heads that came to look

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So sad ending and so close to be found RIP and condolences to all of the family.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am really happy to hear how people took the initiative to go look for him. Its terrible terrible news he's passed away. RIP to the victim, condolences to the family and i say bravo to all the people who went to look for him. Truly heroic.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rip Travis, condolences to family and friends

We were 1/2 km or less from finding him, the group that did, I'm not sure if they were out there to ride or look, but we went back to cabin to eat and was just going back to doing the grid search, and they were just where we were when we left

We would have found him if they didn't, went with my gut instinct, between vediman and shady lane, we were going low and high off vediman, as far as I figured a 155 polaris could go and back

Not the best outcome but family has closure now

If it would have snowed a foot again more, would not have seen the tip of the orange helmet or shovel handle by the tree

Rip dude, and good job fir the sled heads that came to look
Nice meeting you guys and miltons crew. Good on the guys for being alert enough to see his sled as was almost gone.

xp24

Reaction score
So Sad.Rest In Peace travis. condolences to his family and friends. hats off to search and rescue and the rest who where involved your all great people. nice to see people that care.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am really happy to hear how people took the initiative to go look for him. Its terrible terrible news he's passed away. RIP to the victim, condolences to the family and i say bravo to all the people who went to look for him. Truly heroic.
It would have eaten me alive inside if I didn't at least try

Snow was super deep , and when we got up there we realized it was going to be next to impossible unless u seen the sled or color of something not white, or hit the sled with ur sled kind of thing

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad. Condolences. It's almost one of those things that a bunch of guys kind of knew where to look and SAR wouldn't allow anyone in. Kind of a catch 22. Still sad news and now the family can have closure at least. The unknown is always one of the worst things.
Yes, but by Monday when he was reported, I think hypothermia would have set in

Anything is speculation so...

Top Bottom