sledder missing in Revy - FOUND Dec 10 - RIP Travis

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy site is reporting 2 feet fresh at cabin and much more past that. We are heading there now. Been riding there since 1994 and know it quit well. Very well prepared. We are going to ride but our group with the help of some locals are gonna browse around and look. If anything hope to find something or at least say we tried. We don't know the man but he's a brother. Brother to our sled community. It's gonna be tough enjoying ourselves knowing he's still out there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy site is reporting 2 feet fresh at cabin and much more past that. We are heading there now. Been riding there since 1994 and know it quit well. Very well prepared. We are going to ride but our group with the help of some locals are gonna browse around and look. If anything hope to find something or at least say we tried. We don't know the man but he's a brother. Brother to our sled community. It's gonna be tough enjoying ourselves knowing he's still out there.
Are u guys looking all day kind of thing???

Might I join ya in looking if a call in sick to work

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice. Very unsettling knowing he is out there and all of us could be riding right passed him and not know. I sure hope he is still ok. A friend of mine drowned In OK lake and the body never resurfaced. Still makes me feel weird about it

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice. Very unsettling knowing he is out there and all of us could be riding right passed him and not know. I sure hope he is still ok. A friend of mine drowned In OK lake and the body never resurfaced. Still makes me feel weird about it

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am so incredibly sad and shaken from this tragedy. Again I pray he's ok, but I have a pit in my stomach. I know right now I'm extra emotional when I see people posting about riding alone.. If I suddenly spew fire at you, please understand I don't mean to offend, but the potential loss of life in our community effects me even though I don't personally know this individual.
I'm trying to reach out to the general population to get more education out there. I have a talk at our public library tomorrow night, and on the radio again tomorrow. I want so much for this to never happen again. One thing I ask of all of us.. my friend Carole Savage inspired this line of thinking. Some people may call me a "beyotch" if I confront behavior I feel is dangerous or irresponsible. I'd rather be the Beyotch than to have even a stranger lose their life in the back country. Thank you to everyone who reaches out in the name of safety. Although we can appear rather dry, nerdy or bitchy... I think it's necessary if we are to make a difference. I said something a while ago to a group of teens at the high school. It's NOT hip and fly to ride and die.. now graduated some of these kids remind me of those words, but out of respect. The principal said wow.... It was about a young guy in our community who did a drop landed flat and broke his back... she said wow.. because I wasn't telling the kids not to do it. I showed them a pic of me doing it.. and all of the planning that took place to ensure it was a safe and good landing, followed by a wonderful interview with Jeremy Hanke about how to jump and drop safely. Sometimes being safe/riding safe, may seem uncool... but that is only for a short time.. then we the peeps can be the change and make it cool. (even us old farts) My 2 cents.. ok more like a Loonie about reaching out in the name of safety.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This isn't cool, Im hopeful that there is a positive outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple buddies that spent the night on boulder .. they got in to town late so just went up for a quick rip no one really had all there gear on as they weren't planing on riding more tha an hour or so .. anyways they got Going down in the trees to the right of the cabin ( I think that's where they went ) and couldn't get back out .. lucky the one guy smokes so they had a lighter to get a fire going and spent the night ... the one buddy who stayed behind was in the parking lot the next morning with sar and just before they went up the trail the boys come riding out un scaved .. pretty long and cold night I guess

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is very sad ! Hopefully he is hunkered down some where ! Like someone must have ridden with him before and know what areas he liked to ride! Would start searching where he was last seen and go from there. Its weird that the helicopter with its ability to detect metal wouldnt have detected the sled ! Boy just thinking what I would do in that situation ! Not that I ever ride alone but its possible to get separated from your group! Think I need to go through my backpack and get reorganized!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are u guys looking all day kind of thing???

Might I join ya in looking if a call in sick to work
Just reposting again for a answer, mabe missed my other post

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is very sad ! Hopefully he is hunkered down some where ! Like someone must have ridden with him before and know what areas he liked to ride! Would start searching where he was last seen and go from there. Its weird that the helicopter with its ability to detect metal wouldnt have detected the sled ! Boy just thinking what I would do in that situation ! Not that I ever ride alone but its possible to get separated from your group! Think I need to go through my backpack and get reorganized!
Wouldn't help much as he has never ridden there before.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't help much as he has never ridden there before.

Oh my ! Didnt realize that - guess it was probably posted earlier but I didnt read all of the pages ! Boulder is a very large area ! Riding by yourself and not knowing the area ! ????

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my ! Didnt realize that - guess it was probably posted earlier but I didnt read all of the pages ! Boulder is a very large area ! Riding by yourself and not knowing the area ! ????
He was last seen at the cabin, I'd say he went down kirkup or vediman, mabe in the areas we road there a few weeks ago, from the cabin

Hope not the toilet bowl, but that got checked good I'm sure

Top Bottom