sledder missing in Revy - FOUND Dec 10 - RIP Travis

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those decisions are made by higher ups, but yes not looking good...
As I posted earlier, the helicopter has two different units hanging under it, one that can detect Avy beacons and the RECCO one that can also pick up metals. More people as you can imagine would not be good, as well the Avy danger is very hi up there and the safety of the people searching is very important, another thing, under an official S&R rescue operation everyone 'searching' falls under provincial liability insurance, blah blah, needless to say it is not as simple as just making everyone searchers.
I did hear that it's possible that he never got a beacon, he was going to rent one but it was too much per day

If true or not, bad choice

And I really hope there is a good out come

And I really hope that this is a example to others for alllllll the proper stuff at minimum, and riding alone is a bad -bad idea

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100 %, totally sick to my stomach

If it was open I would have taken work off to go look the best I could, had two others that would have came along
I also do not feel good.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1449628068033.jpg

Please continue to stay away from Boulder and Frisby until at least noon tomorrow. Your cooperation is much appreciated by the SAR groups that are out there searching for this missing person.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The receivers on that helicopter must be pretty sensitive to be able to detect beacons. How close to the ground do they have to be?
Would be frequency, I think they are 465 K hertz or something like that

They do give off signal, I would think that the chopper one is a super sized one to pick up, as in the ones we use are safe for other electronic stuff but pick up

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be frequency, I think they are 465 K hertz or something like that

They do give off signal, I would think that the chopper one is a super sized one to pick up, as in the ones we use are safe for other electronic stuff but pick up

The recco can pick up cell phones and large metal objects

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't give up on him yet!! Remember the couple that skied out of bounds at Kicking Horse resort a few years ago…… he survived after 10 days (but his wife did not). So, it is possible to survive provided he is strong minded and doesn't give up. That is the key to survival!!! I just about drowned several years ago and it was my thinking/cool head that kept me alive. I wish him good luck!!!

Lost skiers more scared by prowling wolves than cold: brother - British Columbia - CBC News

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has there been any mention of where the the missing rider was last seen at Boulder and which way he was heading. Crazy that it has been 4 days already. Makes you really think about things after following this. Hoping for the best.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i were riding alone which I won't I would be staying in high traffic areas like sugar bowl. Wouldn't be venturing off any beaten path or playing in shade or whatnot. Has there been any reported slides?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter is in revy sledding right now with her boyfriend and some bros.... Said there are two more guys in over at frisbee ridge that dropped over the ridge, and kept dropping down... They're spending the nite, apparently. She also said they met a group that sledged with this guy for a little bit, and then he took off on his own. He was wearing bright green, with green leaf pattern? On a '14 pro... He's from drayton valley. Locals at the cabin were telling everyone to take it easy, cuz of the easy avalanches happening everywhere.... Good on the locals for that. Tons of snow and very poor visibility. The big group figured the guy dropped into one of the big bowls and could get out and kept dropping down lower... They said he had bare avy essentials and that was it. Hopefully they find him tomorrow ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read on facebook under one of the "searc and rescue" threads, yesterday, that someone posted they were riding up in boulder and a single guy hooked up with their group and then left on his own... They said he had a bright green sled suit, with leaf like pattern on it. Does anyone remember seeing this thread? My facebook won't go back far enough, and this was late afternoon i read this...

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is so sad. My prayers are with the family and friends of this man but also with the SARS team. I am praying for a positive outcome. Miracles happen let's stay positive.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm also sick to my stomach and don't know the guy but am praying....

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. It also really sucks they are limited to daytime searching. Having to shut it down due to low light must make all parties feel gut wrenched

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad sar has boulder closed, cause mabe a hole bunch looking might find something, spaced out

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: sledder missing in Revi

Getting this thread back on track and praying for some good results today. May the SAR crews be safe and this guy be found safe.
Yes forsure, I can only imagine the snow has got deeper and avy conditions worse as it's been pouring all nite in sicamous

Don't think a chopper will be flying this am unless weather breaks as it's soaked in and ceiling is super low

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish we were aloud to get a few groups together and do our own search but doesn't look like that will happen !! I bet they would get a lot of interest if that were the case . Let's hope he's found safe and sound sooner then later

Top Bottom