sled weights

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As much as I like my Doo's there's no denying the Polaris' are lighter and you can sure feel it when it's time to get them unstuck... then again if 22lbs was critical to me I wouldn't be rocking the size XL I have been since about grade 7! Ha ha!

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
800 etecs were great on fuel. The 850's burn as much as anybody. My Alpha is usually a few litres less than my buddies 850. Turbo's will burn considerably more.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The etec is far superior as far as fuel mileage is concerned (not turbo version) With a 16” wide track, better power delivery and direct injection we spend a lot less time spinning our wheels and make more miles going up, down and across hills. With Polaris poor traction and narrow track you all look like Chris burandt on a bunny hill. Never seen a day where a pro went further than an etec. Turbo needs fuel though no denying that

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The etec is far superior as far as fuel mileage is concerned (not turbo version) With a 16” wide track, better power delivery and direct injection we spend a lot less time spinning our wheels and make more miles going up, down and across hills. With Polaris poor traction and narrow track you all look like Chris burandt on a bunny hill. Never seen a day where a pro went further than an etec. Turbo needs fuel though no denying that

I guess smoking hot clutches on the Doo is your idea of "Better Power Delivery" I bet that might offset the spinning tracks of the Polaris? Also making a 16" wide trench takes more power than making a 15" wide trench so its all in how you look at it.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats hilarious, 850 etecs in our group burn by far the most fuel and have the most inefficient power delivery. Buddies on 850's barely get 3 mountain trips to a belt, I can do 3 seasons to a belt

Bury Me With My Toys

Reaction score
Girlfriend and I bought new 2020 Doo 850s last fall, sold them this spring, by far the worst sleds we have owned. We are now on 2021 Polaris 850 Khaos sleds. We won't buy another Doo in our lifetimes, after that ownership experience.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catman10 will be picking up his 175 doo turbo this week and we will be weighing it. I’m guessing 570 full of fuel ready to ride.

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2021 Snow and Mud Weigh in this year? That little video you guys did with the 2019 sleds was pretty neat. FastFarmer was a big part of that right?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
163 t3 full of fuel
Can and spare belt
892136b6ffd8e79cea72bf34751fb8f6.jpg

aa9589b178588c2095bd969b7bc53fba.jpg

Top Bottom