Sled outta shop but still bottom end bog

catm1000

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just got my 07 m1000 out of the shop and i still have a bottom end bog. My mechanic went through everything...plugs, wiring, heads, reeds, clutch, voltage reg., computer, throttle bodies, tps and more. the sled goes like stink for 1/4 throttle up, but i still have a slight bog on the bottom end. o yea, new top end 300mi ago and new diamond drive...my mechanic went right through the sled and cant figure it out...........help:confused:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
there is a throttle saftey switch in your handle bars...
do you have a gold finger??
if you do loosen the goldfinger bolt that holds your throttle in.
under neath your throttle there is a small clip top and bottom that prevents your sled from speeding away in the unlikely event of a broken throttle.

next thing is to find the plug and remove it and test. either replace the bushings or install a tether and bypass it altogether

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What condition are the power valves in?? Adjustment, free and clear of carbon??

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What elavation are you running at? Mine had the same problem till i got above 4000ft then ran great:)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the power valves aren't adjusted properly so that they wont close all the way that will cause a bog on botton end. Also have seen a few of the '07's have rollers in the primary clutch get sloppy and loose and then they also run poorly on bottom end.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the power valves aren't adjusted properly so that they wont close all the way that will cause a bog on botton end. Also have seen a few of the '07's have rollers in the primary clutch get sloppy and loose and then they also run poorly on bottom end.

thats where i was going to. says he checked everything but the clutch.thats where i would look issue with the primary maybe.

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
I suggest power valves as well, may even be the slim chance they are in backwards and not allowing full plumb when on the gas, I suggest pulling them out and checking them...

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the sled off, cycle your throttle slowly (or get someone else to) while looking down at your oil pump... When letting off the throttle, see if it sticks. I've heard of that happening to lots of guys causing a bog because guys are getting (for example) full throttle oiling at only quarter throttle.

Top Bottom