Sled Insurance

sledhead65

Reaction score
Ok i havent heard from my agent...(she always does this...) i am overseas working and every year i come home before xmas and go pick up my new sled. she doesnt tell me what it is going to cost to insure via email, when i get home i won't put it on my truck with no insurance, so i tell her to write it up.. because i am standing at the dealers ....drooling....

I am wondering if i am getting stroked.. i know draydens is sled friendly.. who do you people use.. any wallet friendly ones?

I need my 06 gade x 1000, 07 summit 800 reinsured and my 08 summit X xp 163 insured.

Any boat/seadoo insurer info would be appreciated as well.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Im with Drayden myself under the ASA blanket. If your an ASA member you get in the group plan on Snowmobiles only. Sea-doos and items like that are under a different policy through them though usually Nordic, there the other company owned by ING for other recreational vehicles. The ASA policy is through ING. All the Brokers and Agents all very busy and understaffed so you have to have paitents with them but they always come through for me. :D Mabie see you again this year in Valemount.

sledhead65

Reaction score
oh u will, i think for my birthday i am going to hook up with a turbo for my xp.. along with a NOS system.. if it is not gonna blow anything up... are pipes ready for the xp yet?

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
I used MHK insurance for my sled and motorcycle insurance, they are super cheap for toys the number is 454-9363

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drayden cancelled my insurance because they claim they didn't get my change of address notice, in spite of my remembering to talking to the rep. But hey, it must be my fault.

Anyway, I am not allowed to re-insure on the sled program for three years now. So I had to find a new provider. Wasn't too hard. I called pratt lambert and brown, they found a carrier for me that was $20 a year more than drayden's snow program. I also called Mullen Insurance in millet (have my on-road ins. there), they also got me insurnace that was about $20 a year more so I went with them. The $20 a year more was on two sleds by the way, $199 for two sleds at drayden, $220 for two with wawanesa.

One other thing, sled insurance is based on reported vehicle value ALONE. They have no rating/class system for off road like on road does. So your new sled, at $13000 or so will cost more than the old sled. I think my new sled was $168 to insure. Also, you can't really lie about the value, they double check it in a black book to make sure it's reasonable. My insurance is only liablity and fire/theft. I don't usually get collision as I think its crazy expensive.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my insurance re--done...found the Phoenix Group here in GP...the cheapest...full insurance..(with Collusion)..07 Dragon 700..$655/yr....07..600RMK....$414... For full coverage...that is a smoking deal...I always get collision on my sleds for the season....took much invested not to...

just my 2cents

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have all my stuff through AMA. New XP was 167.00 for full coverage till May then less for summer till nov probally 50.00. AMA only has 6 month coverage at a time so 6 months full coverage 6 months fire,theft,vandalism works for me. I have 2 sleds 2 quads 2 trucks,trailer,camper on policy.

Top Bottom