Sled gear

B

breezer29

What seems to work best as far as gear to keep you feeling:D dry?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you can afford it buy Klim Gear,they make pretty much everything and garenty(spelling sucks) everything with a lifetime replacement .Very pricey though!
catmando!:twocents:

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
What seems to work best as far as gear to keep you feeling:D dry?

Tried most of the gear styles out there. Warm&dry=expensive. Spend some coin on the undergarments. Valhalla, HH whatever, money well spent. Goretex or some other brand of fabric well put together with good ventilation. Don't forget the boots. I wear board boots but sled boots have come a long way in the last 2 years. That Klim name comes up again and so does HMK or Baffin. On the Baffin thing, be careful you don't get boots designed for down east touring. Too warm, feet sweat in the hills.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I currently ride wearing helly hansen bib overalls with reflective, and a 3/4 helly hansen jacket with reflective, and sorel -100 rated winterboots. cost me over $500 to get it all, but definately worth it. I sprayed the jacket and pants with tent sealant when I got them to help water proof them and have had no problems with them at all.

GRD

Reaction score
Gear

I got some some stuff from Crappy Tire a few years back... I was tight on funds and didn't want to spend a lot of money, it works good. The jacket has a liner and the pants keep me dry and warm, it also looks good. The quality is good as well, still looks like new. I would like to get some klim, just have to justify it to the wife, when the gear I have is in good shape.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Klim bib pants at the sled show and 'worth every penny'....about a million of them!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Klim gear is by far the best,What other company will gaurentee too give you a new pair if your butt gets wet after a day of riding!Lifetime!!
catmando!:tazz:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Klim all the way!! I have the complete Klim wear from socks to touque, Im very pleased. I rode renshaw 3 years ago with buddies they had Klim I had FXR pants and a skidoo jacket, It was snowing heavy, I was soaked. I just bought all this at the ASA show then when I got home I contacted Heather at DCR (Link on the left side of the site) and bought Klim. I just bought the new boots and there just as good as all there products. When you buy the Klim outerwear make sure you buy the Klim base layer as well they work very well together. The socks are very good as well. The gloves are the only things Im not crazy about. I ride ATV's as well and I got the Klim Dirtwear to test ride and I am just as happy with them as the winter gear so in the summer you'll have to try this stuff...

RON

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am IMpatiently waiting for my AC coat to wear out so i can get a Klim too!! I have the gortex coat and its warm warm warm, i used to freeze all the time but now micro fleece shirt and i am toasty. Love Gortex! For gloves i like the thin non bulky's much easier to handle my machine(pack thick ones for when i have to dig myself out!), but i have hand guards which are awesome! I still wear my old Mobius ski pants, they are about 17 years old but still keep me warm and dry, and Baffin boots keep my toes warm

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know this is an older post, but is it worth buying decent quality gear at the snowmobile show this fall? Are the prices really good or is trying to find items off ebay a better way to go, price wise.

Thanks

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
i know this is an older post, but is it worth buying decent quality gear at the snowmobile show this fall? Are the prices really good or is trying to find items off ebay a better way to go, price wise.

Thanks

I would by Klim, Heather (DCI) has a booth on the North side of the Agricom, but don't wait too long it sells fast. I have both FXR and Klim and the FXR's never get worn since I bought Klim. But I warn you its pricey but If you want to be warm and always dry you have to spend $$. Also when you buy the outerwear you should buy the klim base layer as well. I have a few pairs of base layer and the socks are awsome too. Heres a link to there site

KLIM Aggressive Sled Wear will keep you warm no matter what the conditions.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, Klim Or Reima(with Kevlar And Gore-tex)... Its The Way To Go, But Like Everyone Said.....pricey. I Wear A Reima Coat(soon To Be Klim, And Hjc Bib Pants(soon To Be Klim). Gloves, I Doo Like Katgurl And Wear Lite"mechanix" Gloves(from Napa) For Normal Beating On The Mountain...but Wear Good Heavy Gloves On The Trail Up And Down(get The Removeable Liners So You Can Take Them Apart At Nite And Dry Them Out). Like Mxoldtimer, I Wear Snowboarding Boots(neoprene Liners, Not The Cotton Ones)and Never Have Cold Feet, Or Wet Feet At The End Of The Day. Undergarments, I Just Wear A T-shirt And Sweatpants, And Am Never Soaked At The End Of The Day, Except When Its Warm And I'm Wearing My Tekvest(it Does Make You Sweat)......... Just My 2cent Worth

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, Klim Or Reima(with Kevlar And Gore-tex)... Its The Way To Go, But Like Everyone Said.....pricey. I Wear A Reima Coat(soon To Be Klim, And Hjc Bib Pants(soon To Be Klim). Gloves, I Doo Like Katgurl And Wear Lite"mechanix" Gloves(from Napa) For Normal Beating On The Mountain...but Wear Good Heavy Gloves On The Trail Up And Down(get The Removeable Liners So You Can Take Them Apart At Nite And Dry Them Out). Like Mxoldtimer, I Wear Snowboarding Boots(neoprene Liners, Not The Cotton Ones)and Never Have Cold Feet, Or Wet Feet At The End Of The Day. Undergarments, I Just Wear A T-shirt And Sweatpants, And Am Never Soaked At The End Of The Day, Except When Its Warm And I'm Wearing My Tekvest(it Does Make You Sweat)......... Just My 2cent Worth

Hey Ric,Could you elaborate on that LOL!
catmando!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a firm believer in quality gear. With that said, what do you think is a rough estimate to buy all the klim winter gear needed?

Ron, so she is going to have a booth at the show your going to be at? The one in october? I will be there first thing on friday anyway so ill have to check it out.

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a brand new Klim jacket on e-bay for $82USD this spring. If I find the link I'll post it, as they have several sizes and colors from time to time.
Also, Mountain Equipment Co-op has a lifetime waranty on their Goretex also. They offered to either repair the zipper on an 8 yr old pair of pants, or replace it with a brand new pair of $300 pants. I also got money back on another pair after 16 years of wear and tear, and without the original receipt.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a firm believer in quality gear. With that said, what do you think is a rough estimate to buy all the klim winter gear needed?

Ron, so she is going to have a booth at the show your going to be at? The one in october? I will be there first thing on friday anyway so ill have to check it out.

To get pants and a jacket from Klim you're lookin' at close to a grand if you go for the Togotwee parka . They have less expensive pullover coats and the last couple of years they have had a deal on the previous years gear. Worth every penny, Been wearing Klim for 5 or years, I'm on my second pair of pants (lost 50lbs so the first pair won't fit anymore).
The Harkness's are good folks to deal with

Top Bottom