Sled decks

Braap!

Reaction score
Website
mistymountainphoto.ca
yeah black dually gmc from rocky , deck does not sit on the sides of box , it's quick pinned and sitting on top of custom built fuel tank , I'll have to take pics of ramp when I get home ,it wasn't built when I took this pic , it's simple one piece 10 ft long ramp with super glides

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya guys I have worked on the truck.

It's a cool deck and not on the box sides.

I work at Edwards.

from my HTC

assaultbear

Reaction score
I also have no complaints about my x-deck. Best ramp in business as far as I am concerned.

Braap!

Reaction score
Website
mistymountainphoto.ca
the sides of ramp are built from 2x2 heavy wall aluminum and the centres are 1½ x 1½ heavy wall , it is very strong and easy to handle !
IMG_7065.jpg
IMG_7066.jpg
if I put wheels on the bottom of ramp I could haul 4 sleds ! ha !

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The ramp only goes in the middle? I don't see how it mounts on either side. And you are saying you can put three sleds on the deck? I have one of those trailers and didn't realize it would hold three.

Braap!

Reaction score
Website
mistymountainphoto.ca
most welcome , and yeah it mounts only in the middle , been on the road for 4 months so haven't had a chance to get it finished , sledding is more important ! 3 will fit if the middle one is parked backwards.
IMG_6989sm.jpg

Braap!

Reaction score
Website
mistymountainphoto.ca
cheaper than a deck ? Yes it was free , I won the trailer in a photography contest , don't need a headache rack , I have brakes and a little self control not to launch it through the back window :eek: My sled has competition track on it , can idle up the ramp and it will not spin , can load up very gently on a 10 foot ramp for the skis touch the very back of deck when being loaded. No need for taking a run at it as it is not steep like 8ft ramps are .If it was shorter deck or shorter ramp then yes it would have a rack on it. With a 10 foot deck there is no chance of overshooting unless some inexperienced person thinks they need to load up at mach 1 , then they'll be buying me a new window.

Last edited:

Braap!

Reaction score
Website
mistymountainphoto.ca
there's a lot of little things you can't see and I haven't explained , maybe will do a video if you like ? Then I can properly explain and show you hands on. The cost of these trailers is about 2500.oo new , I bought the aluminum and rented a stick welder and welded everything together but the ramps. Because the ramps are two different gauges of aluminum I had a very impossible time trying to weld with a stick so had to get a guy to weld them with a mig. My total cost was about 1200.00 with the superglides , pins etc. About the same cost as a deck but way heavier and much better built. I watch so many people wrestle their ramps around there was no way I would have mine any other way , so simple and easy ! Only con I can think of is deck is all one piece 8ft 4in wide floor , okay for a dually but might be a little wide for a normal truck ?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two-place tilt aluminum trailer with torsion axles are priced around $1600-1800. Just bought a Triton a few months ago.

ffemt

Reaction score
I'll sell you my Marathon with the small LED lights that fits a 6' 6" box, powder coated white, folding 12' ramps, plywood in excellent condition, 3 D rings installed for super clamps, less than a year old. Slides extend to fit 2 sleds. $2800

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed my new cross trax deck. I'm pretty happy with how they customized the front leg and ramp hanger to allow me to keep my fuel tank. I can finally get rid of the trailer i used to haul my rzr with. Im would like to seal the sides of the deck in order to keep the snow/mud out out of my box. Has anyone done this or have any good ideas as to what I can use? RZR.jpg

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get very little snow or mud through the deck sides mainly just dust when the road is dryer than a popcorn fart mind you we drive aprox 35 km of gravel road to our camp spots

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does every sled decks headache rack come up shy of the top of the cab? There's lots here in the parking lot at the best Western in Sicamous tonight. Like, really useless as far as hauling a canoe or long lumber or a piece of pipe or mounting spotlights or...?????? Maybe it looks cool to someone, like putting a wrap on a sled...? Not for me.

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed my new cross trax deck. I'm pretty happy with how they customized the front leg and ramp hanger to allow me to keep my fuel tank. I can finally get rid of the trailer i used to haul my rzr with. Im would like to seal the sides of the deck in order to keep the snow/mud out out of my box. Has anyone done this or have any good ideas as to what I can use?View attachment 153512

Looks good Chad. If you ever head out west of Red Deer with your rzr we should hit up the trails and mud.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does every sled decks headache rack come up shy of the top of the cab? There's lots here in the parking lot at the best Western in Sicamous tonight. Like, really useless as far as hauling a canoe or long lumber or a piece of pipe or mounting spotlights or...?????? Maybe it looks cool to someone, like putting a wrap on a sled...? Not for me.

They are not a head ache rack for a ladder or material, they are to protect the back window.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one uses truck boss? See lots here in stoon, they have a seal that seals your bed, can also get a sliding bed drawer.

Top Bottom