Sled decks

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at getting a sled deck to haul the toys around. But problem is I know very little about them and I imagine there are some brands to stay away from. Anybody got recommendations on a good manufacturer? I see Cross Trax decks are made right here in central Ab - how are they for quality?

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at getting a sled deck to haul the toys around. But problem is I know very little about them and I imagine there are some brands to stay away from. Anybody got recommendations on a good manufacturer? I see Cross Trax decks are made right here in central Ab - how are they for quality?
I hope there great, I have one on order! They will modify it for me so I can keep and access my slip tank. Got a diamond back tonneau cover for sale with superglides!!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think they're pretty good.

craptabulous

Reaction score
My alluminum jet craft is 12 years old . I have put 45 bales of hay on it or 70 bags of pellets . Its a tough deck

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what you want, and how much you want to spend. Lots of companies are giving the option of a slip tank built in which is a nice feature. Tale a look at Bulldog decks, they come complete ready to go for sleds. when im ready to upgrade, this is the way I would go. Or if you want something a little cheaper go with an X-Deck. both are S&M site supporters

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the classic style marathona and really lik it and the one piece sliding ramp is the best one made imo
if I was buying a new deck it would be a cross traxx as they are a great deck and there shop is 15 min away

watson21

Reaction score
Cross tracks well built. Also if your from central Alta this would be your best bet. Any issues not far away to get warranty or repairs.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 votes for full lotus! I have a marathon right now but my next deck will be a full lotus ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364043071.480091.jpg

Braap!

Reaction score
Website
mistymountainphoto.ca
I took a 8x10 flaman 2 place sled trailer and cut the axle and hitch off and mounted it on top of custom built fuel tank , welded two rails for the 10 ft one piece ramp to slide in and viola ! 404060_4324753993506_840749712_n.jpg
Very sturdy deck with no folding ramp to wrestle with and can haul 3 sleds with ease. Just have to plug in wiring harness and even have brake lights and turn signals on the deck.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took a 8x10 flaman 2 place sled trailer and cut the axle and hitch off and mounted it on top of custom built fuel tank , welded two rails for the 10 ft one piece ramp to slide in and viola !
Very sturdy deck with no folding ramp to wrestle with and can haul 3 sleds with ease. Just have to plug in wiring harness and even have brake lights and turn signals on the deck.

If I'm seeing that picture wrong then pretend I didn't say this. Deck being supported by the box sides is a really bad idea. Seen more than one truck box destroyed that way.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took a 8x10 flaman 2 place sled trailer and cut the axle and hitch off and mounted it on top of custom built fuel tank , welded two rails for the 10 ft one piece ramp to slide in and viola !View attachment 152771

U have the black 6.5 dulley from rocky area right.

from my HTC

Top Bottom