Sled deck???

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I do like the Crosstrax flexibility. The 2 ft. extension comes off so when it is collapsed in the 6 ft. box nothing hangs over. So you DONT HIT YOUR HEAD!! when walking by. I also like that 1 guy can take it off or on the truck.

Attachments

• P4290424.jpg
    P4290424.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 359

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2 yr old STF im selling injury i have make it hard for me to bounce up and down off deck its for the short box and i have had a custom extension made for the rear that can be removed for Quads and will extend to handle track lengths up to a 174" leaving your sled completely supported on the deck asking 2800.00 (1800 for the deck 1000 for the extension) pm me if you would like to see pics or to contact me going back to a trailer for next season
the extension is wired w/ lights to make you legal in bc

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do like the Crosstrax flexibility. The 2 ft. extension comes off so when it is collapsed in the 6 ft. box nothing hangs over. So you DONT HIT YOUR HEAD!! when walking by. I also like that 1 guy can take it off or on the truck.

That there is a good lookin unit.:d

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with my HI-RISE alum deck (made in BC)

I like the beaver tail, the ramp is a little heavy after a full day of brapping but its very solid .. doesn't bend at all.. mine does not have the slide outs, i've hit a few trees and street signs parking it downtown vancouver .. but then again I can leave a pair of sleds on there for 2 weeks at a time and not worry :)

really good welds, and a very good designed box / leg underneath. Awesome service as well from them in burnaby.

but alas, it's time for the sweet deck to come off and the boat to get hitched up !!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've got it narrowed down to Cross-trax, Bull Dog, and Marlon.

I know the Marlon is the Chinese knockoff of the old Marathon. Anyone run these, are they lasting or busting up. Is the ramp telescopic?

The Bulldog sounds like the ticket as it's got expanding sides, telescopic ramp, and a rear extension is available.

The Cross-trax sounds decent as well although it has a pin together ramp. This sounds like a bit of a pain but I'm going to go have a looky next week. Anyone use one of these ramps? Is it a PITA? Can one guy put this together without doing any acrobats?

Thanks,

Shawn

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So I've got it narrowed down to Cross-trax, Bull Dog, and Marlon.

I know the Marlon is the Chinese knockoff of the old Marathon. Anyone run these, are they lasting or busting up. Is the ramp telescopic?

The Bulldog sounds like the ticket as it's got expanding sides, telescopic ramp, and a rear extension is available.

The Cross-trax sounds decent as well although it has a pin together ramp. This sounds like a bit of a pain but I'm going to go have a looky next week. Anyone use one of these ramps? Is it a PITA? Can one guy put this together without doing any acrobats?

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn: With dooing lots of reading and pumping up my custom flat deck, I found that the Chinese knock-offs aren't what one should consider. Lots of complaints on S&M and on DooTalk. The other two, it's your choice man! Good luck, fs

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forget the Marlon. Why support the Chinese when you can get a great deck built in our country. Support our workforce.:trustme:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put 6 decks into my work trucks

all STF

working awsome!!!

Stf decks are a copy of my marathon I had 15 yrs ago. Two marathon models ago Good decks but a real old design. If you have a new truck the marathon truck boss is a must. My deck is slick. Looks slick. And works slick. Way better than a tarnished finish of the other decks. I will say it was expensive.

Andrew

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stf decks are a copy of my marathon I had 15 yrs ago. Two marathon models ago Good decks but a real old design. If you have a new truck the marathon truck boss is a must. My deck is slick. Looks slick. And works slick. Way better than a tarnished finish of the other decks. I will say it was expensive.

Andrew

How are the sides of your box holding up?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Andrew

STF is out of business. I've got a 5yr old Marathon and it's a great deck...that's the only reason I was considering a marlon.

How are the side slides holding up on your Truck Boss? I thought it looked like a head ache with ice and dirt. I'm leery to recommend one as it has not been on the market long, and for the price I'm sure my buddy doesn't want to be a guinea pig.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
STF is out of business. I've got a 5yr old Marathon and it's a great deck...that's the only reason I was considering a marlon.

How are the side slides holding up on your Truck Boss? I thought it looked like a head ache with ice and dirt. I'm leery to recommend one as it has not been on the market long, and for the price I'm sure my buddy doesn't want to be a guinea pig.

I'm impressed with mine. It's been to bc 24 trips still looks like new sleds off and on all winter. I also put my kawi terex on it for a few times. So far so good. Box side hold the terex which Is twice as heavy as my 2 nitros on there

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have got a STF that has a lot of miles on it, and no issues except fixing broken welds on the ramp from time to time. I spent a while debating between a truckboss and an enclosed trailer, ended up ordering a trailer. My buddy got a truckboss and has used it a LOT, no issues. He got the support legs at the back, to be on the safe side.

Top Bottom