Sled deck???

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got a Jet Craft deck from the boys in GP check out the pics on Kijiji Grande Prairie if your interested $1500obo

bcboy

Reaction score
aluminum sled decks r to much 3000 dollars plus. shoot me in the foot do u guys get the payment plans lol :d. i wish i could get one but it's never going happen. if i was able to afford it i would get the black marathon deck there sweet.

the other problem i run into is i have a exhaust stack in my box.

pirate01

Reaction score
I've run the cross-trax deck for 3 years now and had nothing but good things to say. Extremely good customer service. Good craftsmanship.
A good buddy of mine just bought one and he paid around $3000 for retractable sides, superglides on the ramp, and 2 super clamps, LED lights, 2 cargo lights underneath.... There are plenty of extras you can ad on to them too.
Check out the website if your interested.

Unless you want to keep going to a welder, you best stick with a marathon i have owned 3 stf decks and all 3 broke , they are built with a smaller gauge aluminum, and they also have no safety latch on the ramp , those little cheesy hooks break off and down you go, they have no engineers that work for them . :nono:

pirate01

Reaction score
There's no spilled milk here and like I said in my rant, I'm all for competition. Stf makes a good deck as do several others. We disagree on how a deck should be safely mounted into a truck but that's ok. It's the consumers choice. If someone chooses to purchase a STF over us that's ok in the bigger picture as it's made in Canada!!! And when the welds crack you can take it back to them for repair.

What makes our deck different is that our deck is designed around aluminum extrusions that we created and is not made of off the shelf material that anyone can go buy from an aluminum supplier. The chinese deck is a direct copy of our extrusions. They did no design and engineneering work. They did no testing. All they did is take one of our old decks, sent it over to China, copied the extrusion profiles and sent the finnished decks back here. That's ripping off our hard work. Even BMW is suing a car company in China for copying their X5 suv. By the time it goes to court the company has changed names and is now history. This is not a new situation, look at all the knock off quads and dirtbikes.

End of round two.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun sled season.

Cheers

Chelle
STF has no engineering they took a Marathon deck pulled it apart and copied it, i have owned 3 stf decks they all break in the same place , just wait and see, and the whole ramp with no safety latch thats a law suit waiting to happen they know that they come un hooked but its just a rich guy cutting costs. beware.:realmad:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
STF has no engineering they took a Marathon deck pulled it apart and copied it, i have owned 3 stf decks they all break in the same place , just wait and see, and the whole ramp with no safety latch thats a law suit waiting to happen they know that they come un hooked but its just a rich guy cutting costs. beware.:realmad:

well they did a nice job of copying it. because i have 6 that are buletproof.

my oldest one after 5 years of 2 quads on every day going down beat up roads finally has a crack that needs a quick repair.

if you want to avoid that just add a deck level cross member between the 2 rear legs. problem solved.

ps. what is this engineering you speak of.

psps. why did you buy 2 other stf decks if your first one broke.

pspsps. there is a safety latch

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

AAAARRRRRR Matey! Ye be sounding like a broken record. Avast - Them claims are 30 fathoms deep and full o' rotten fish guts!

Hard to starboard or ye'll be walkin' the plank!

Pull the main sail, batten down the hatches!

There's tougher seamen on a bedspread than you lot!

Land Ho!!!!

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AAAARRRRRR Matey! Ye be sounding like a broken record. Avast - Them claims are 30 fathoms deep and full o' rotten fish guts!

Hard to starboard or ye'll be walkin' the plank!

Pull the main sail, batten down the hatches!

There's tougher seamen on a bedspread than you lot!

Land Ho!!!!

spilled my ale:beer::beer::beer::beer:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they all crack and break.... unless built out of steel... but then you have alot more weight.... my bro and cus... and friends run marathon decks and i have fix more than half of them more than once

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This is an old thread that has come back to life :beer: I've used Marathon on two trucks over the last 5yrs without any major issues :d Structure is stong, telescopic ramps are strong, plywood holds up, and the wiring is good. No reason to change. I will buy direct next time and cut out the middle man.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What makes our deck different is that our deck is designed around aluminum extrusions that we created and is not made of off the shelf material that anyone can go buy from an aluminum supplier. The chinese deck is a direct copy of our extrusions. They did no design and engineneering work. They did no testing. All they did is take one of our old decks, sent it over to China, copied the extrusion profiles and sent the finnished decks back here. That's ripping off our hard work. Even BMW is suing a car company in China for copying their X5 suv. By the time it goes to court the company has changed names and is now history. This is not a new situation, look at all the knock off quads and dirtbikes.

End of round two.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun sled season.

Cheers

Chelle

I saw one of these decks and I couldn't tell the difference between it and my Marathon. I'm all for competition (and lower prices as these decks are pricy IMO) but ripping off another guys work is lame. Of course, I'm only willing to pay a certain premium to "buy Canadian"; if the cost difference is too great then I'll buy import, if the quality is there.

That's typically where you win buying locally is on the quality end. There is a lot that can be done to cheapen a product that the average guy cannot see. I don't know if these Chinees decks are poor quality or not. The guy I know that has one is not easy on his gear - we'll see if it stands up to his torture testing!

l8r Shawn.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All decks are good. All decks can be broken. Decks are still better than trailers. Marathon does have the best ramp but I'm happy with my CrossTrax deck. Nice finish & nice lights. I have also heard that decks that are bolted to the frame will crack over time.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my first deck was steel came in pieces in the back of a freight truck, bolt it together it was awesome and it was 1995 or 96, then i got an aluminum deck for my new 98 ford f250. from this guys out of edmonton Marathon, was there name, they said it would fit the new box style,, it didnt, but they delivered it, and took it back and then fixed it and it fit, I had that deck for 2 yrs, sold it and bought the new expandable/collapsable new style it was more awesome. but the ramp was to steep, i call and had then sell me a half ramp that fit into the exsisting there back making it less steep and easier to load... next season they had a two piece ramp....(hmm should have got a free burger out of that) never had a stitch of problems with the deck although i did drop my buddies sled off the side, it wasnt new cause he had rode it around the block once.. whooo luck me..... anyway decks like sleds have come a long way, some have great luck and no problems with them others, well like a sled built on a friday have more than there share of issues,,, i would probably still have a deck if i didnt get that trip to mc b with my buddy and put my sled in enclosed car hauler,,,, if they only made sled trailers like this, the next week i was 6k poorer...... course i did take a steel deck on a trade in deal this winter, still have it brings back memory s but i still cant unload it by my self and i could with the aluminum one, course that was a while a go, and im not getting any younger, but i now have a skidsteer a home and it has no problem lifting the deck off the truck...so who knows. maybe ill run a deck again.....nah not with the 30 enclosed i have now....

T

p.s. used steel deck for sale cheap......:d..

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my first deck was steel came in pieces in the back of a freight truck, bolt it together it was awesome and it was 1995 or 96, then i got an aluminum deck for my new 98 ford f250. from this guys out of edmonton Marathon, was there name, they said it would fit the new box style,, it didnt, but they delivered it, and took it back and then fixed it and it fit, I had that deck for 2 yrs, sold it and bought the new expandable/collapsable new style it was more awesome. but the ramp was to steep, i call and had then sell me a half ramp that fit into the exsisting there back making it less steep and easier to load... next season they had a two piece ramp....(hmm should have got a free burger out of that) never had a stitch of problems with the deck although i did drop my buddies sled off the side, it wasnt new cause he had rode it around the block once.. whooo luck me..... anyway decks like sleds have come a long way, some have great luck and no problems with them others, well like a sled built on a friday have more than there share of issues,,, i would probably still have a deck if i didnt get that trip to mc b with my buddy and put my sled in enclosed car hauler,,,, if they only made sled trailers like this, the next week i was 6k poorer...... course i did take a steel deck on a trade in deal this winter, still have it brings back memory s but i still cant unload it by my self and i could with the aluminum one, course that was a while a go, and im not getting any younger, but i now have a skidsteer a home and it has no problem lifting the deck off the truck...so who knows. maybe ill run a deck again.....nah not with the 30 enclosed i have now....

T

p.s. used steel deck for sale cheap......:d..

hey boss
will that deck fit a short box??
cuz if it will dont sell it i want it...

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok but didnt you read it is STEEL, and you have a DODGE,,,, i dont think they play well together lol,,,course there is a ford dealership across the street i could put in a good word for ya... did you ever towel off behind the ears,,,, lol

:d:beer::d:beer::beer::beer::d:d:d:d

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
One of reasons why we went with Marathon is the bolt together construction. Try getting a good aluminum weld repair done, we have a $15000 dollar piece of scrap metal Triton trailer with a bad weld repair job. :rant: Anyone want to buy it :rolleyes:

Ms. Swimmer

Reaction score
This is an old thread that has come back to life :beer: I've used Marathon on two trucks over the last 5yrs without any major issues :d Structure is stong, telescopic ramps are strong, plywood holds up, and the wiring is good. No reason to change. I will buy direct next time and cut out the middle man.

As I understand it one of the way that Marathon protects us dealers is by not selling below MSRP.

Top Bottom