Sled deck???

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Marathon has broadened its offerings in the snowmobile and ATV hauling area with the lower price point Marathon Lite. All the quality of the standard Marathon deck with streamlined manufacturing processes for the headache rack, bobtail and rear legs.

Marathon Lite comes with an 11′ folding ramp (5′ 9″ when folded) as well as Marathon’s standard LED lighting package/OEM wiring harness, 8′6″ max-width extend-able sides, bent tube headache rack, and is available in 7′ or 8′ length. We’ve even provided cut-outs in the extend-able sides for the addition of Superclamp hooks. (Superclamps not included) and we’ve spaced the ramp rungs for future application of Superglides.

Marathon Lite is targeted at ATV users, but with the addition of one Superglide kit Marathon Lite will be able to accommodate snowmobiles as well! Marathon Lite MSRP is set at an extremely affordable $2575.00

Ms. Swimmer

Reaction score
I don't care for the dealers here in Grande Prairie...

I am sorry to hear this, Marathon is a great product in fact we thought it was so good we became dealers! If you are interested in a deck shoot me a pm and I can see what I could do about shipping a deck to you.

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG00009-20090129-1203.jpg

Outlaw06

Reaction score
I have a Cross Trax deck with the removable extension. The quality is excellent, it has been down many rough roads and the turnbuckle tie-downs haven't shifted, and there are no cracks anywhere.
The wiring is completely sealed and hasn't caused any issues even at -40.
The only problem was with the extension legs. They did bend down after one very long and rough trip, Cross Trax addressed this issue and are now using heavier steel.
When I purchased mine there was work related things mounted in the truck, Todd at Fireside Industries in Rimbey helped to remove everything free of charge at his shop, which required lifting the deck out of the truck a few times (as well as some welding and cutting). It is due to unbelievable customer service such as this that I would recommend them and the Cross Trax product.
The other plus to having this deck is that with the extension removed bumper on my truck sits further out than the deck, which allows me to leave it on year round and haul my holiday trailer in the summer months, and still carry a 155" in the winter.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just picked up a next to new Marathon Deck. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment summer and winter use. Going to polish it up and make her shine

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they all have their good points and bad points. Marathon is a big name and has a rep to protect and im sure they will do anythn to please a customer. my buddy bought a titan deck....now there is a 99% rip off or Marathon except cheaper $2100 new with expandable sides. but plywood lasted a year, welds are average, sum peices are a hair crooked lol. and isnt coss-traxx built in alberta too? i think now-a-days just being an alberta dealer isnt enuff to sell a deck. if there is a better product and price sumwhere else, ppl will go. i understand marathons frustration but if they are rippn off ur design then obiviously ur doin sumthn right.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marathon Lite with custom powder coat on a half ton

Attachments

• 100_0009.jpg
    100_0009.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 231

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow someone pulled an older thread out of the dumper...but I did take the time to read it. I wanted to mention some obvious false info that I was told that could made sense to me...A Marathon (either current or past) employee was the one who sent the Marathon deck to China to have it reproduced and brought a container of them back here to sell??? Now could it make sense in tough economic times that if you aren't sellin your $3500 decks you have a cheap reproduction that sells for $1800 and are still making the same profit them? Just nonsense right?

Personally, I think the Chinese decks are cheap. The quality of aluminum seems less than perfect compared to the AB built Marathon. The bolts are cheap and I wouldn't trust the bolts to last. The welds are not bad, the fit and finish is okay, not Marathon though. The LED's and ramp quality, well, its Chinese built. But for a guy who might need a deck lets say 4-5 times a year, is almost $2000 savings a nice option?

I think the Marathon decks are likely the best option for sledders. The STF decks look super nice as well. I don't know anything about the STF mounting system. In my opinion is 4 bolts with mounting plates through your bed of the truck ever enough to secure sleds. Thats basically body metal. And I don't think 4 camper tie downs enough either.

Now if someone would make a deck with not only retractable sides, but retractable beaver tails. The back end of the deck doesn't need to be a full slide out for sleds as you are only supporting the track, so it could be 6' wide. So guys with their 6' and 6.5' box don't have to have 2' sticking out the back of their daily driver and you don't have to stoop down to get into the box.

Come on Marathon, you can do it! (maybe they have, and I haven't seen it)

Zig Zag

Reaction score
I have an 08 Marathon deck forsale if your interested has telescopic ramps:beer:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned three decks - AlumaTech (U.S.), one I can't remember the name of, and a Marathon - which I recently sold to Dobir. The Marathon was far and away the best deck I've owned - I never had a crack develop, the ramp is awesome, and the telescopic sides worked well. Marathon has built riverboats for years - they know how to build strong products. When my finaces allow it, I will own another one - they may even have a winch option by then - if not, I'll fabricate another for loading a dead sled.

R

rembrn3

Cross Trax decks are a good deck, excellent customer service. If you want a deck with expandable sides, some of the other decks don't expand to 8'6". STF is not making decks anymore and the marathon decks are over priced.
The Cross Trax is made in lacombe, you can purchase from the builder, the weld quality is the far best I have seen. All the corners on the welds are wrapped and finished so there are no craters and the weld hasn't been attacked with a grinder to pretty them up. The ramps are longer as well, you can also get track extensions for the shorter decks. Don't get talked into a marathon the quality isn't there as much as they say it is!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an LPI deck that was built in Spruce Grove, this will be the 9th winter for the deck and no cracks yet. Was on my Ford and now on my Dodge and on both trucks I kept it ALWAYS secure in all four corners with turnbuckles and also have a 2"x4"x1/4" box tube with a 3/4" threaded crank that goes through the box tubing and bolts into a 2" long nut welded to the truck frame cross member. There is no deck flexing or movement which causes the cracking in aluminum. Properly secure what ever deck you have and you will probably eliminate the cracks.This is a non sliding deck but LPI now makes sliders. They have also built custom sized aluminum trailes for my brother. Mind you that was two years ago and haven't talked to them since. Sliders are nice but I'm keeping the solid old style deck-suits an old guy like me.:d

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the Crosstrax deck.
I'll agree with the welds - they are by far the best I've ever seen. (and like the above note said - no grinding)
I compared it to the welding on a STF deck around the time I was buying (few years ago) - and the STF deck welds were absolutely brutal. Alum welding is tough - but don't give it to a summer student to do.

One other option I really like on the Crosstrax, is that I can unload the deck myself. The front of the deck slides back and thru truck the wheel wells. And with only 4 chains to undo, (vs bolt on versions) it's very easy to remove off my truck by myself.

Couple other things - I got a heavier duty 10' ramp when I bought mine. I didn't like the option of the lighter thickness. Still - the price was way cheaper than the Marathon deck.

For my needs as a quadder and sledder - Crosstrax has worked out very well.

Gordo

Beaver

Reaction score
For Sale 2005 marathon Bobtail with superclamps,Slide in sides and long ramp to fit a shortbox ,has been rienforced. $2500 OBO call Dean @ 1-780-850-6604 The Deck is located in Spruce Grove.

Mighty Peace

Reaction score
I have had my Jet Craft aluminum sled deck new since 1994. Been a great unit....never any problems. Seen hard miles on rough access in Kakwa and other areas for sledding and hunting over the years. My dad even hauled home the entire front end of a Bonnyville car years back after my little sis had an accident.

Never been off a truck. Since my new 2003 truck, its never been removed. USe it for work with the machines on it or as a desk b/c its the perfect height for writing on and placing my testing equipment.

In the process of first time replacement of the plywood surfaces.

IMO best made deck out there even before there were the manufacturers there is now! From what have personally seen and heard of the Marathon and STF decks, I would not have one. But thats me. The only thing I would prefer would be a 1-piece ramp now but the 2 piece-ramp works. I guess a bit easier to handle with 1 guy.

Top Bottom