sled deck with slip tanks

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
ive been looking at fuel tanks online for putting under my deck, however i want it for gasoline and not diesel. i noticed that all tanks online say for diesel only, is this just to cover their butts? or is there legitimate concerns to have gas in these tanks?

Jake

Reaction score
Code tank required for hauling gasoline, non code for diesel up to 100 gallons I beleive. Transport Canada regs, they are not built the same, heavier material, different venting.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But if it is under your deck how will they ever know about it. Ummm. Oh and the old slip tanks that were built back in the day before the code tanks came into play were still acceptable for a bit maybe not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone

van isle

Reaction score
Transfer flow makes in bed tranfer tanks that are rated for gas. They auto refill your tank while you drive. They tap into the factory wiring harness from the fuel sending unit to determine when to start and stop refueling. In-Bed Fuel Tanks - Transfer Flow, Inc. - Aftermarket Fuel Tank Systems.
I had thought about getting a in bed tank but decieded to go with a complete tank replacement. I had it done right at the Transfer flow factory in northern California.

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
hmm, they have a couple units that look alright, i like how their pumps dont stick up another foot. wil do some measuring to see how it will work

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the name on my tank but it was custom build in Leduc. Fits perfect between the legs of my Marathon deck. Have a 12v ball valve under the bed that opens by flipping one of the AUX switches in the truck. Tank just drains into my vent on the main tank. The lid on the tank is vented as well. In the winter when i put the deck on I just build a fill extension out of 2" pvc which relocates the fill to the top of the deck.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you getting it to fill your sleds and you drive a diesel or are you wanting it to be extra gas for your truck???

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Transfer flow makes in bed tranfer tanks that are rated for gas. They auto refill your tank while you drive. They tap into the factory wiring harness from the fuel sending unit to determine when to start and stop refueling. In-Bed Fuel Tanks - Transfer Flow, Inc. - Aftermarket Fuel Tank Systems.
I had thought about getting a in bed tank but decieded to go with a complete tank replacement. I had it done right at the Transfer flow factory in northern California.
Is there a gauge on the slip tank so you know when it's about empty?

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
are you getting it to fill your sleds and you drive a diesel or are you wanting it to be extra gas for your truck???

i drive a 6.2 gasser, so i would like to be able to throw a bunch of premium in, fill up the sleds and truck

Top Bottom