Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How close are the new aluminium f150's to legal with a deck and two sleds? (4door)

Looked a new diesel today for $115k then add the luxury tax on. Not happening.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

I ran a 2019 F150 Lariat Crew Cab with 6.5' box for a couple years. Only used it for around home going to the lake. But I did run it across the scales fully loaded with 2 newer Polaris sleds. I was about 100# under my GVWR. I cant remember the exact numbers but I had quite a bit of room on my individual axle weights. The truck was rated at 7900 GVWR. I had air bags just to help with the squat and the truck handled the sleds fine, actually got pretty good fuel mileage too. That said we started making trips west again. So now have a 2019 F-350. F-150 was to close for comfort to be going to BC with.

ziggity

Reaction score
I ran a 2019 F150 Lariat Crew Cab with 6.5' box for a couple years. Only used it for around home going to the lake. But I did run it across the scales fully loaded with 2 newer Polaris sleds. I was about 100# under my GVWR. I cant remember the exact numbers but I had quite a bit of room on my individual axle weights. The truck was rated at 7900 GVWR. I had air bags just to help with the squat and the truck handled the sleds fine, actually got pretty good fuel mileage too. That said we started making trips west again. So now have a 2019 F-350. F-150 was to close for comfort to be going to BC with.
Was it a HDPP? 7900 GVWR is high for a F150, most are 7000.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If someone is paying $100k plus for a 1/2 ton gasser, you deserve to pay a "mental tax" of something.....
I agree. But there's options...

Screenshot_20230414_195007_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230414_194957_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230414_194925_Chrome.jpg

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the yellow. I drive a bright lime green dodge though. I like wild colors.
I like the wild colors as well but not on a pickup truck. Wife's challenger is Red and I think it looks great. To me certain vehicle look good in certain colors. Lime Green, Yellow or "General Lee" Orange and Plum Crazy purple are all nice colors but for not on a pickup truck. That being said each to their own. Can't imagine Henry Fords Model "T" in any other color than black.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the wild colors as well but not on a pickup truck. Wife's challenger is Red and I think it looks great. To me certain vehicle look good in certain colors. Lime Green, Yellow or "General Lee" Orange and Plum Crazy purple are all nice colors but for not on a pickup truck. That being said each to their own. Can't imagine Henry Fords Model "T" in any other color than black.

what about sunset orange from GM ?
Or the dark copper ram used to make on the dakota ?
All early 2000s colors. Ahead of their time

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I disagree. But yes each to thier own.

I cant imagine ever buying a ford lol

Top Bottom