Sled Deck Light Issue

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I have a few things to check. I don't want to wire into my taillights because I use my truck for work also and am taking the deck off and on a fair bit.
That's why he recommended adding a small two prong connection. Honestly it sounds like the simplest solution for you because it eliminates the load issue you are experiencing with the trailer wiring.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 17 SD does this as well. I thought it was wiring on deck so I rewired the deck last summer. Same thing happening this year. It will also pulse my trailer LEDs when its not running as well.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 17 SD does this as well. I thought it was wiring on deck so I rewired the deck last summer. Same thing happening this year. It will also pulse my trailer LEDs when its not running as well.
A 25 watt resistor would likely solve the problem on both your trailer and your deck. Pretty stupid that the truck manufactures design for century old light technology.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll give it a shot. Hasn’t really bothered me too much. I thought like you though. Ridiculous it does this.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why he recommended adding a small two prong connection. Honestly it sounds like the simplest solution for you because it eliminates the load issue you are experiencing with the trailer wiring.

Yes.
I use something similar to this. I put a little dielectric grease in it and good to go.
43f2129debd315402f16b3c5ee0b7aee.jpg

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my deck plugged into my 7 pin RV plug and don’t have this issue, I think somethings wired different on the Ford p.s., I have a GMC

Top Bottom