Sled Deck Gouging

dschwindt

Reaction score
I just purchased a new sled deck with the coated plywood and am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep the carbides from scratching the heck out of the deck.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a new sled deck with the coated plywood and am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep the carbides from scratching the heck out of the deck.

there called super glides

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superglides work awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 354

dschwindt

Reaction score
Thank you all for the great suggestions. Just looking around on the internet and found these ski boots do you's think these would work or a waste of time and money. Also does anyone know where i may be able to buy the superglides in the edmonton, drayton valley area.
Thanks again

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the great suggestions. Just looking around on the internet and found these ski boots do you's think these would work or a waste of time and money. Also does anyone know where i may be able to buy the superglides in the edmonton, drayton valley area.
Thanks again
Princess Auto has them!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again

I sell them for $100/box.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks again

Ski boots are a pain in the A$$. I'd also go for the old truck box liner. Get em for free and my strips are on their 5th year. Barely a mark on them. Super glides are nice too if you want to spend the money. :beer:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
This will sound retarded to a bunch of you, but I just replace the plywood, its cheaper than the glides. I do however have the glides on my trailer door (ramp) and the ramp for the deck. I had glides on the last deck and I find the sleds stick to the deck better without. Love the product, use them where I need them, but plywood is cheap.

Biggest thing for me is that I haul other stuff on the deck, and the glides always got in the way.

crowdoo

Reaction score
This will sound retarded to a bunch of you, but I just replace the plywood, its cheaper than the glides. I do however have the glides on my trailer door (ramp) and the ramp for the deck. I had glides on the last deck and I find the sleds stick to the deck better without. Love the product, use them where I need them, but plywood is cheap.

Biggest thing for me is that I haul other stuff on the deck, and the glides always got in the way.

x2 for me its cheap and sled holds down very good .painted mine black am on 5th yr and not changing any time soon.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nope, not retarded at all. It's $250 to line the deck with Glides, but you can reskin it with plywood for around $100. I know for me, I have dual carbides, and they tend to dig in pretty hard. I have reverse, so it's not a great big deal, but without reverse, it can sometimes be a pain in the neck to unload, especially if the deck is full of snow and ice. I guess it all boils down to personal preferance...some prefer not to use Glides, and I prefer to put them on and charge you $250.:d:beer:

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want your plywood to last for ever throw on some torch on roofing, just the base layer.

Top Bottom