Sled deck and slip tank.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running a slip tank with a sled deck? I have a 2011 Duramax. Currently have a slip tank plumbed directly in. And want to keep it. But it interferes with the deck placement. Marathon deck. The ramp slides underneath. Any one have a combo that works?

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross trax built mine. They moved the rear foot so it wouldn't interfere and shortened the ramps and holding brackets. Works great.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross trax as well and a custom built tank from gee gee racing. I had my deck made with 4 legs. I have a pump and hose on the tank, no direct fill.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to get my slip tank made to be low enough to fit under ramp
I got them to add plates to each side of the slip tank and bolted it to the front legs
My deck is bolted all four legs with plates under and i used all four turnbuckles plus two more bolts throught the tabs on slip tank
Im pretty sure my truck will rip apart before that deck falls off LOL
needless to say it stays on all year round

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an x-deck will also fit with a slip tank, granted it is nowhere near the qaulity of a cross trax but it will work if your on a budget. I have ran this setup with both decks.The issue with all the other decks is 4 independant legs, cross trax and x-deck have one leg on the front. slide the tank back a couple inches in the box and you are good to go.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have way too much money M-Line will build a very nice one for you.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I have it made now. My tank is about 180L. The deck legs will staddle the outside of the tank. I plumbed in an electric selonoid to drain the fuel into the main tank. All I have to do now is modify the ramp a bit.

BXP-88

Reaction score
I wanted to go that route because it's cheaper, just don't want to stop pull gear out then open the valve so it's no overfilling going down the highway. Selonoid would also be a good alternative.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Mine used to have a solenoid but that quit working a long time ago.Now it's just free flow all the time. Never overflows. There's a ball valve in case of emergency.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iv had good luck with the cross trax. Tonka out of Edmonton custom built me a 380 litre tank. That tank only has to be like 2 inches back from the start of the box for that front bar to slide inbetween tank and box. Iv got the solenoid aswell. Tank was built low enough to fit under ramps. Do you have a short box or long box?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iv had good luck with the cross trax. Tonka out of Edmonton custom built me a 380 litre tank. That tank only has to be like 2 inches back from the start of the box for that front bar to slide inbetween tank and box. Iv got the solenoid aswell. Tank was built low enough to fit under ramps. Do you have a short box or long box?
It is a short box. Yes I am just going to slide the tank back like you did. And I just have to shorten the 1 piece of ramp by 6". Tank is about 3 inches to tall for the ramp to go overtop.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do u have a pump? And a pic?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a custom tank that fits right between the legs on my old style marathon deck. I have a nipple out the bottom of the tank that is plumbed into the vent line on my Titan tank. Fuel flow is controlled by a solenoid. I cut a hole at the front of my deck out of the way of the skis and super glides. I just made a fill tube out of abs plumbing pipe to extend the fill to above the deck. Then I just move my tank cap on top of the deck. I know how much fuel my tank holds. So I just watch the pump when filling. You can see the aluminum tube I put at the front of the deck where the ramp slides. It just stops the ramp from going in far enough to contact the fill spout.

Last edited:

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang that sucks that your tank is 3 inches to high, a little to high to jack up the sled deck to clear it. Get that nasty gap otherwise.

I prefer to have my cap under the deck , out of sight out of mind,

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom