Skis

Smrsux05

Reaction score
Putting a new set of skis on my 2011 summit xp this winter, thoughts or reviews on what type I should go with? Sly dog? C&A? Any others? Any info appreciated

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting a new set of skis on my 2011 summit xp this winter, thoughts or reviews on what type I should go with? Sly dog? C&A? Any others? Any info appreciated

What kind of riding do you do? Are you in the deep stuff alot? Trees?

Smrsux05

Reaction score
Deep stuff, trees, side hilling, boon docking in general really, just looking for the best overall performance ski for all types of mountain riding

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
Yes as couldn't find a pair of take off's when I was changing.
If I remember right it was right around 400 for everything.
Bolts , washers, skag's and rubbers.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had an 08XP and a 13XM, always thought i would see benefit from an aftermarket ski but never got around to trying anything out.. I find the stock Doo skis to be decent in most conditions but could use improvement on the trails.. Let off the throttle into a corner and hold on for the speed wobble and then they skid until you turn sharp enough for them to bite and up the inside ski goes... C&A looks like a good ski - deep keel, out edges for a good bite, would hold snow on the trail and the deep by the looks..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The newer ds2 stock doo ski is good till the deep fluff, it's not as wide as the older pilot 6.9 which floated better

I have always wanted to try the po po gripper ski... Heard it's a good mod and works

unimog

Reaction score
I have been riding the C&A pro MTX for two seasons now. I find due to their large width I can carry speed rather than have my front end sink. I find they are hard on the rubber Ski stoppers though. I am going to try out the Boondocker extreme skis from C&A this year.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched between MODS, DS2's, Simmons Gen 1 and 3's, Pilot 6.9's, and SLP SLT's last year. MODS worked the best, but still left a little to be desired. Have a take off pair of Grippers with Shaper Bars to try this year.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The SLT PP's, or Slydogs for all around riding. They work really good for the most part, either of those are the best all around ski you can buy. Pilots, OK. Simmons are OK too, didn't work well with my riding style. MODS are nice skis but I've had trouble in the past getting replacement skins. Maybe Deano has a solid supplier now. I have the C&A pro BX on right now and they are agressive, they do live up to their description. They side hill like no ski I've ever had, you just go, turn mid-hill, whatever. If you can't make these skis carve in powder then you shouldn't leave the trailer. The keel is huge and grabs very well in deep pow, but its almost too aggressive on really hardpack days (anytime after about may 1), its starts to wear you out by the end of the day as you fight the keel a bit. Keep the stockers and switch back if you ride late in the season. I think the MTX's are a similar design but not as aggressive on the keel.

Smrsux05

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! Gonna go with either the Slydogs powder hounds or the C&A pro BX, looking at both

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Simmons Gen 3 last year. Originally purchased for my old sled but upgraded before I installed them. Used both stock and simmons on my 2014 Skidoo SP and found that the Simmons really are nice on the trails in and out of the back country. They are wider so they float good in the powder but they did widen my stance so I had to play a bit with my setup to maintain easy sidehilling and decrease the heavy steering in the deep stuff. Overall, the simmons are better all around but if I had to do it again I would save my $ as the improvement is not worth the near $500 dollars it cost.

Smrsux05

Reaction score
Tang what color are your skis? And how long were they used on your sled?

Top Bottom