skidoo boo boo

670rugerboy

Reaction score
Heard on SW forum . No Light weight can or track porting on T3 summits. But the weight will be the same. where did they save the weight then?

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard on SW forum . No Light weight can or track porting. But the weight will be the same. where did they save the weight then?
Kinda doubtful they did, skidoo has a storied history of lying about weights.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard they are going to only eliminate one row of porting. and the can thing was an emissions deal. not sure how polaris can meet it with a much smaller lighter can?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but there is a lighter weight can and also the rear heat exchanger is reduced by 50%.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weight savings comes from the rails and new t-motion parts as well as the seat and shorter track rods. the 163 3" track itself is the same weight as a 163 2.5"

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Its mostly the heat exchanger, And the track rods... Thats a TON of weight... think of how many of those three inch peices of fiberglass they remove all the way around such a long track... Thats mass in rotation.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snowtech magazine breaks the weight loss down chain case -1.5 ,heat exchangers -4 ,lighter axles remove idler wheels -2.2 lightweight muffler -5 all in lbs.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are missing what the original poster said, there will NOT be a lightweight muffler on the T3 it will be the same as the 14,s and the track porting will NOT be like the demo sleds either.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are missing what the original poster said, there will NOT be a lightweight muffler on the T3 it will be the same as the 14,s and the track porting will NOT be like the demo sleds either.

Isn't that false advertising? Not that its a huge change, but the sleds people ordered aren't going to be what they're getting.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
90% of peeps will put a lightweight can on there new T3 anyways so if they had to cut something I guess thats the one that may not stir up the masses. I assume the can never made noise regulations? I would have thought BRP would have checked that out for the proto's first?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty normal move for them to make the protos rip and then dial them back for production for longevity

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
90% of peeps will put a lightweight can on there new T3 anyways so if they had to cut something I guess thats the one that may not stir up the masses. I assume the can never made noise regulations? I would have thought BRP would have checked that out for the proto's first?
Yes according to the letter I read it said that the can never met noise regulation and track porting was changed do to durability issues.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg you guys are being SOOOO over dramatic lol. Dial them back??????? ITS A MUFFLER!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes they turned the twin turbos down......

I never said it was a lot, but when I worked in the industry the protos always worked a little better than production units, this was true for all OEMs

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Maybe because they are hand built? The t3 prototypes worked the same as all the other ones

Top Bottom