skidoo boo boo

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe because they are hand built? The t3 prototypes worked the same as all the other ones

I think the hand built thing had a lot to do with it, a lot more care is taken on the mechanicals

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
90% of peeps will put a lightweight can on there new T3 anyways so if they had to cut something I guess thats the one that may not stir up the masses. I assume the can never made noise regulations? I would have thought BRP would have checked that out for the proto's first?

I wasn't planning on it,, Now I will be... i'm kinda pissed,, I shoulda just ordered a new Freeride,,, Fawk!:mad:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a ton of work on my 2014. I may walk away from my t3 and let others run it for one year. I would guess 2016 doo's will have bigger and better changes. I got bored this summer and did a 860. Belt drive and 3". Enzo shocks. Boss seat.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally couldn't care less about the stock can on the T3. I bought it for the stock 3" setup. Besides it's only 5 pounds, I doubt the majority of riders will notice any difference.

As someone stated before, fine print states subject to change.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
FAWK!! now i have an 18lb muffler to dispose of instead of a 14lb one. life over.

I didn't really care as I am putting on TheThing from the get-go................gotta have a hot meal on the hill and more than likely lemon garlic shrimp and/or bacon wrapped oregano spice scallops.....just saying :dance:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cooked food on the hill is pretty awesome! When I demoed the T3 in Revy a few months back, the BRP rep went off about how ski-doo "spent a million dollars" developing this can and how every other can on the market lost HP with the E-tec and the "thing" can was a joke and how could some back yard mechanic's can design, compare to the new BRP can, that was designed by a team of 150k a year engineers? The 3inch track is nice(for certain conditions) Never snowed in Revy all of January this year, February could have used it,, then again the 2.5 worked just fine. I bought this sled based on Hype, even though I wasn't super impressed with the prototype and new deep down the Freeride is a better sled (for me) Oh well im sure it will work great for me, with a few mods.... (shocks and now a can....lol)

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Cooked food on the hill is pretty awesome! When I demoed the T3 in Revy a few months back, the BRP rep went off about how ski-doo "spent a million dollars" developing this can and how every other can on the market lost HP with the E-tec and the "thing" can was a joke and how could some back yard mechanic's can design, compare to the new BRP can, that was designed by a team of 150k a year engineers? The 3inch track is nice(for certain conditions) Never snowed in Revy all of January this year, February could have used it,, then again the 2.5 worked just fine. I bought this sled based on Hype, even though I wasn't super impressed with the prototype and new deep down the Freeride is a better sled (for me) Oh well im sure it will work great for me, with a few mods.... (shocks and now a can....lol)http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/lilduke6/IMG_0860_zps72991a2d.jpg

Right on Dan! There are lots of stories about engineers and their infamous designs. Even now a team of $150K engineers designed this "new light weight" can and they have to pull it???? For the little bit of hp that may be lost, I'll forgo that presumed loss in favor of a classic meal on the hiill with a classic sled! Bring on the snow.....:snow:

Al and his team seem to doo just fine!

Top Bottom