Ski doo belt problems

Colten K

Reaction score
i heard that the 06 to 08 ski doos or so were bad for blowing belts,im not sure if its true, if anyone knows and info on this thanks alot

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 and it has been good on belts so far, now the 08's had the big problem but the dealers were fixing those. Not sure on the 07's.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 08 xp 154's were hard on belts cause they were geared to tall as for my 07 its good on belts just needed to upgrade the cluthes a little bit

finndoo

Reaction score
In the group that I ride with we have 4 summits, an 04, 06,07 and an 08. The 04 and 06 are good on belts and clutch temps are not bad even when stock. The 07 had a few updates to the helix and rollers and since then has run quite consistent. Then there is my 08, 4 belts in the first 350 miles then I got the new 377 belt and have not blown one since, but clutches would fry an egg. I have since added venting, geared down, aligned clutches by moving motor over, changed ramps, got updated rollers, and a Dynamo Joe clutch kit. All of these have brought my clutch temps down and increased my belt life, so far 450 miles on this belt and it looks good. I hope this helps.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard that the 06 to 08 ski doos or so were bad for blowing belts,im not sure if its true, if anyone knows and info on this thanks alot

I ride an 07 Renegade X 800 and it has been really good on belts. 3000 km on the sled and currently on the third belt.
My worry is loosing a bearing on the crank, which happened to my buddies 07 XRS. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the group i ride with 2 have 08 xp's and they have both gone through 5 belts getting pricey at $190 a belt

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got over 2000 km's on mine too and only replaced it to use as a back-up because it's tried and tested. It was starting to wear a bit thin width wise, but other than that, great shape.

This is on my 06X.

It's pretty common knowledge that the most reliable REV is the 06. The 07's got the 800R engine and clutching which were both a big headache. The 08's got the new arrangement and unfixed engine problems, as well as drive shaft problems.

Only weak point on the 06's was they changed the drive chains which have been rumoured to be weaker than the 05-. Apparenlty they can crack links without knowing and eventually fail. I'm still on my stock chain, but might pick one up for peace of mind.

Top Bottom