Silver Tip Sledder’s

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never seen anyone young or old successful with goggles over glasses. Once I got to the point I needed glasses I started using contacts but it was marginal at best. Finally went to an eye doctor that specializes in correcting eye sight rather than selling glasses and got RLE surgery. Couldn't be happier with the result 20/20 vision and glasses are history.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_3891.jpeg

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id like to see Bison riding in the rodeo. Switch it up a bit.

There is a town here in Saskatchewan called Wood Mountain that’s right along the border with Montana. Real ranchy country. They have a rodeo every year and they call themselves the oldest continuous rodeo in Canada. First one was in 1890. I used to travel with a guy from there and knew his dad really well. He told me a story one time that back in the day they would load the buck chutes up with Bison and the drunken Indians would come out of the hills and get on them. No bull ropes or nothing. Funniest part was they wouldn’t let them out one at a time. They’d open all the gates at once and have at er. Last guy still riding a bison won. Said it was good watchin. Drunken chugs and angry Bison running everywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a cattleman's son and have been around cattle pretty much my entire life and don't claim to know much about Bison,but think you guys might be disappointed, I don't think a buffalo would put on much of a show compared to the modern bucking bull,
A buffalo is a high flight animal and the danger behind bison bull is they will try to run through any thing they can see through or around.. with their heavy heads and slim ass ends I'm not sure they are really built for bucking, nor do they have the selective breeding to buck like the rodeo bulls you see today! ! I'll ask my buddy and see what he says as the typically have a couple thousand head around at all times!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a cattleman's son and have been around cattle pretty much my entire life and don't claim to know much about Bison,but think you guys might be disappointed, I don't think a buffalo would put on much of a show compared to the modern bucking bull,
A buffalo is a high flight animal and the danger behind bison bull is they will try to run through any thing they can see through or around.. with their heavy heads and slim ass ends I'm not sure they are really built for bucking, nor do they have the selective breeding to buck like the rodeo bulls you see today! ! I'll ask my buddy and see what he says as the typically have a couple thousand head around at all times!

How about a rhinocerous? They might not buck that good, but
probably be fuct if you fall off. 🦏

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Youre probably right. Sorry for getting off topic. Back to old balls sledding crew. (Joking)

Ill do my snow dance for you guys. 🍻
It has been 9 years since the video came out but this is the first year that it hasn’t been called for.
The Silver Tippers would like some snow, so I will do my part as I have for the past 9 years.....

watch

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_3904.jpeg

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regulators.. Mount up!

Where did you find that picture of me and my Ex wife?

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes I should have clarified. Apparently the bison didn’t really buck. Sounds like they just kinda went out there and threw a fit. Crow hopping etc. I don’t think many chugs made it very far past the gate. And yes, as a former bull rider, and good friends with many stock contractors, I can attest that a bison would have nothing on the buckin bulls of today. Not even close.

Sorry for the highjack guys. Back to the silver tip talk. Wish I could join you guys but unfortunately I don’t meet the age criteria. I am getting close. Too close! Happy Friyay boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom