Silver Tip Sledder’s

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id like to see Bison riding in the rodeo. Switch it up a bit.
That would be awesome. They are pure power, little bum, and giant shoulders
Buddy of mine from BC. Down in the states had a bison problem in Yellowstone. Had to leave his Harley bagger on the road and watch a bison Flick it into the ditch with one horn. Thousand pound bike flicked into the ditch like a cigarette butt

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m ready to go but...........
I don’t like breaking stuff,
I don’t like driving 18 km up a logging road just to get to 6” of chitty snow,
and the 2-3’ of snow (with no base) off the road is an invitation to disaster IMHO.

Bingo Doug. We used to press up there Nov 11 weekend, now it gets later and later and that’s OK by me! I don’t like beating up trucks and equipment unnecessarily.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Bingo Doug. We used to press up there Nov 11 weekend, now it gets later and later and that’s OK by me! I don’t like beating up trucks and equipment unnecessarily.
Right on Cale. Back in the Kootenays with 3” in the driveway, it was game on. Drive up Koko Claims to the gorge and the snow would change as would the size of the rocks. It was even a chore to turn the truck around. We knew there would be pretty much a meter up top.
I didn’t have a lot of carnage over the years but I did know what was safe (without rocks) and what wasn’t. Not that excited in my later years and it seems the conditions have to be sort of good before I venture out these days. Fog, cold, and lack of snow last year postponed riding until January 20th. I may push a little harder this year. No precip in the forecast for the next 10 days.......(n):unsure:(n):unsure:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Worked on a few sites around pink mountain, if you ain’t a off-road trucker when you get there, you will be when you leave.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on Cale. Back in the Kootenays with 3” in the driveway, it was game on. Drive up Koko Claims to the gorge and the snow would change as would the size of the rocks. It was even a chore to turn the truck around. We knew there would be pretty much a meter up top.
I didn’t have a lot of carnage over the years but I did know what was safe (without rocks) and what wasn’t. Not that excited in my later years and it seems the conditions have to be sort of good before I venture out these days. Fog, cold, and lack of snow last year postponed riding until January 20th. I may push a little harder this year. No precip in the forecast for the next 10 days.......(n):unsure:(n):unsure:

We had rezzy’s in Revy this weekend but the current conditions and forecast not too shiny. We’ll add another trip peak season or maybe an extra spring ride. 👍👍

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried over the glasses goggles, are they as awful as I’m thinking, I really struggle with contacts so I’m thinking about trying either the 509’s X7’s heated or possibly the Zeal Highmarks with the perscription inserts. Any thoughts would be appreciated

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can’t make glasses and goggles work. To be honest I have issues with heated goggles as it is. Had to run them on trail as they fogged up from brand new right from parking lot. Better luck with contacts and regular goggles

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried over the glasses goggles, are they as awful as I’m thinking, I really struggle with contacts so I’m thinking about trying either the 509’s X7’s heated or possibly the Zeal Highmarks with the perscription inserts. Any thoughts would be appreciated
I picking up a pair of over the glasses goggles tomorrow. Not sure if they will be garbage or not. Time will tell

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Silver Tippers got all the experience and usually come by it over the years. I have tried everything and this year it will be another new adventure.
Glasses under the goggles just don’t work as they fog up from the sweat from your head. Contacts were good but I couldn’t see well enough close up to change the ramps on the clutch (needed someone to read the numbers). I have two different eyes and had a couple different conditions with each eye. So I struggled with glasses and most of the time, I didn’t wear goggles which hindered my riding on the deep days. Even Oakley heated goggles (they did their job) didn’t keep the glasses underneath from fogging.
This year, with cataract surgery in both eyes, I will just be wearing goggles and I am looking forward to it. I had the long vision lens inserted with corrected vision starting at 66cm and outwards.
I won’t tell you the cost (my medical insurance plan didn’t pay a dime either) as it is mind blowing.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wear contacts but my buddy can't so he uses the Smith Goggles with inserts

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fullface helmet wih glasses works the best for me. No mouth and nose coverings. My riding glasses are extra large aviation style. I keep the helmet lens slightly open pretty much all the time. Exhale blowing your breath downwards. The extra large glasses are benificial when riding with the helmet lens open. This is what works for me …

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fullface helmet wih glasses works the best for me. No mouth and nose coverings. My riding glasses are extra large aviation style. I keep the helmet lens slightly open pretty much all the time. Exhale blowing your breath downwards. The extra large glasses are benificial when riding with the helmet lens open. This is what works for me …
Yes, I was thinking about that. Way back in the 70’s I didn’t have the problems that I do today and that was only helmet available back then.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had pretty good luck with the ones with a fan in them, but I also don't wear a full coverage helmet sledding. Open face only. Full coverage only comes out in the summer.

Top Bottom