Silver Tip Sledder’s

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am in at 55 this year as well and I was wondering if we are ready for the next step, do we set up a date sometime in lets say Dec that we can have a meet and ride day or are we gonna just wing it and contact each other randomly, work out our details and go? I myself do not have much work related commitments during the winter and have pretty good flexibility so can go whenever works, really looking forward to meeting new people to ride with and who knows from there?
Paul, upon looking at that aspect, is seems a bit of a logistical problem.
How to set something like that up over 3 provinces and more than a dozen staging areas has been given some thought and I just can’t wrap my head around it.
I mentioned earlier, about individuals from various parts of our sledding world working this like the S&M Courier thread. Post something up regarding staging area and a date and see what materializes. Riding rules, so to speak, would be worked out with each group through messaging.
If anybody has another idea, please throw it out there.

StuckDownHill

Reaction score
Hope this new club includes couples not just old grey hair guys
I don’t have many riding buddies and I’m not quite 40 yet but if I can make it, I’m totally crashing the party. I’ll make it up to you by pulling skis all day. Just the tip though.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can not resist, mcbride nov 29 - dec 3 , Ron will be there, he is old , Brian will be there he is old, I will be there , old again, and a couple other buddies. One for sure meets the criteria! Would welcome a 40 year old along to show us how it’s done. 😁 Keep in mind about half these old guys are boosted so you young fellas better bring your A game.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would also consider setting up a ride in January in Sicamous. Would need help from someone who knows the area way better than me!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mayby invite Ron and call it a Jamboree or something like that say around the 20th lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The idea of this thread has been mentioned in the thread "Less sledding buddies to ride with” and I thought as one of the oldest members, I would get it going. Sort of like the S&M courier thread. The only rule would be 50 years old and older and I don’t know if that would be cast in stone or not. I am sure rules and preference will evolve. If you are looking for older riding buddies and places to ride let's place them here.
Wtf , I'm close lmfao

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don’t have many riding buddies and I’m not quite 40 yet but if I can make it, I’m totally crashing the party. I’ll make it up to you by pulling skis all day. Just the tip though.
Totally crashing the party? Here is a quote for you.....

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill eveyrtime

I am sure you wouldn’t like the “treachery” part. This group has been put together for a purpose and that purpose was for “old-timers” to have riding partners with common goals. Some members thought the age could be raised to 65, some others thought 60 years old. The age was chosen for a reason and maybe you should look harder for younger riding buddies. Catmando mentioned above that younger riders would be welcome and he will be positive about it. So I suggest you pursue members that would be more in tune with your age category.

StuckDownHill

Reaction score
their is probably a few old guys that can still put a smart ars of 40 in his place
Guaranteed there is. Would not be a smart ass out there at all.
Totally crashing the party? Here is a quote for you.....

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill eveyrtime

I am sure you wouldn’t like the “treachery” part. This group has been put together for a purpose and that purpose was for “old-timers” to have riding partners with common goals. Some members thought the age could be raised to 65, some others thought 60 years old. The age was chosen for a reason and maybe you should look harder for younger riding buddies. Catmando mentioned above that younger riders would be welcome and he will be positive about it. So I suggest you pursue members that would be more in tune with your age category.
I hear ya, will do. Didn't mean any disrespect, to be honest, my mentality behind it was " all I gotta do is work my ass off for em and they could probably teach me a lot".

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can not resist, mcbride nov 29 - dec 3 , Ron will be there, he is old , Brian will be there he is old, I will be there , old again, and a couple other buddies. One for sure meets the criteria! Would welcome a 40 year old along to show us how it’s done. 😁 Keep in mind about half these old guys are boosted so you young fellas better bring your A game.
I bet some of them old guys have some new parts also…

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Guaranteed there is. Would not be a smart ass out there at all.

I hear ya, will do. Didn't mean any disrespect, to be honest, my mentality behind it was " all I gotta do is work my ass off for em and they could probably teach me a lot".
I’m sure there are guys on the forum that are more than willing to let you ride with them rather than having you ride alone. Just put your handle out there and maybe go the the conditions thread and see who is riding where and whether it is close to you.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you say old guys boosted,I’m assuming your talking turbo sled and not energy drinks 🤓

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I agree about the 3 provinces but we are all basically coming to B.C to smash some pow so maybe we should pick 3 major places, Vale, Revy and maybe the 3rd like Golden or Sicamous, whatever. If we setup a date for each then lets just wing it, if you can make it great not the great thing about S and M is we can message someone individually as well so dunno what is best. The other thing I thought is we could fill out some details about us to tweek compatibility like for example for me: 1 sled. 2023 doo turbo 2 favourite type of riding, meadows and hills, adventuring for new places 3 Training: Avy level 1. 4 transportation: enclosed 4 place trailer, 5 Non smoker, 6 Least favourite riding, tight trees, 7 Availability weekday or weekend. Maybe this is crazy but I think its important to find like minded riders as it can put a downer on a ride if one guy wants to be in the trees the whole time while the other isn't great in the bush (me) and it also boils down to watching your group, its a lot easier if you are doing similar rides, what do you guys think, am I putting to much thought into this, I am pretty excited about this group and meeting new people!!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty solid idea Catman!
1.sleds. 2023 850R 175, 2024 900r 165
2. Riding type. Love exploring and covering ground. Big Rolling open terrain. Favorite areas would be the Grail, Salmon, Turtle, 51.
3. Training. AST 1@2 , CAA level 1 Operations. And AvSar
4. Trans. 3 place enclosed and deck!
5. Non smoker. Will have a couple of drinks at supper but am a 100% dry rider but you do you!
6. I'm not a fan of big groups. Typically 3-4, 5 max! I like people who have their ch!t organized and are prepared,

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Allright, looks like this could be interesting, already that is enough for a ride, I think it will be interesting to learn a little about the silvers!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The messaging part is key, IMHO. Ride where you want, when you want, and through messages try to get a dialogue on riding style. Throw it out on the thread and see what happens.
I’m only a meadow muffin and tree rider. Being an original flatlander and learning to ride in the mountains after being a Silver Tip, the steepness is intimidating and not enjoyable.
I don’t like Valemount nor Eagles unless I could find like minded riders.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can not resist, mcbride nov 29 - dec 3 , Ron will be there, he is old , Brian will be there he is old, I will be there , old again, and a couple other buddies. One for sure meets the criteria! Would welcome a 40 year old along to show us how it’s done. Keep in mind about half these old guys are boosted so you young fellas better bring your A game.

I am mid 40’s. I enjoy riding with all age groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom