Shortage due to covid

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said I can only speak for Ram as I don't know Fords, but the F450 is the same as the Ram 4500, or at least it always has been in the cab and chassis version.

Nope, not quite. The Ford does not have that capability that the ram has, especially in a chassis cab.
A simple gear ratio change on the ford will change its GVWR, a ram will not.

Regardless, I looked at fords interest rates, gross! Did they ever go up since I was truck shopping.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, not quite. The Ford does not have that capability that the ram has, especially in a chassis cab.

Regardless, I looked at fords interest rates, gross! Did they ever go up since I was truck shopping.
everything has gone up....big times

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Regardless, I looked at fords interest rates, gross! Did they ever go up since I was truck shopping

I don't understand Ford's interest rates either since everything is financed through Ford. The only thing I can think of is because of how crazy the market it they can get away with it. Isn't Ram offer 0% over 84 months?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many times do people have to be told ?!
No such thing as 0 % interest . It’s built into the purchase price of the item .
Or if JD it’s built into everything they sell and you really never see a rebate. Price is the price .
Now you pay full pop unless your buying on a national account of a big company and no rebate for not taking the 0% .
Ford is odiously doing both . Full pop and interest rate of whatever.
I would as well if I had a shortage of product .
You want it you pay . Lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand Ford's interest rates either since everything is financed through Ford. The only thing I can think of is because of how crazy the market it they can get away with it. Isn't Ram offer 0% over 84 months?

Nope, ram was 3.5%, On 3500’s anyway, last month. The 1500 is 0%, and it will depend on your negotiating skills. If the dealer says your paying full MRSP, than its a wash on the interest rate. If all dealers sold at MRSP than its a interest game at who is offering the best, for this month its still GM.

Right now from what I seen on my truck hunt, there are very few dealers willing to give fleet, and preferred pricing on in-stock vehicles. Even ordering is a risk, save 13500g and get a truck 6-8months away, which was the pricing I got on a ram, but I had to hunt for that dealer.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many times do people have to be told ?!
No such thing as 0 % interest . It’s built into the purchase price of the item .
Or if JD it’s built into everything they sell and you really never see a rebate. Price is the price .
Now you pay full pop unless your buying on a national account of a big company and no rebate for not taking the 0% .
Ford is odiously doing both . Full pop and interest rate of whatever.
I would as well if I had a shortage of product .
You want it you pay . Lol

That is totally an untrue statement about JD. You started off good but slipped into a BS statement on that 3rd line....lol :geek:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is totally an untrue statement about JD. You started off good but slipped into a BS statement on that 3rd line....lol :geek:

I stand correct then .
A number of years ago when I bought my tractor this is what I was told from branch manager .
Thank you

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like the plan

Shortages
FB_IMG_1618200379415.jpg

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at Riverside Yamaha yesterday they had only 1 quad no side by sides no touring bikes only mid size street bikes, some dirt bikes, a couple of duel sports and 1 sligshot never seen the showroom so empty

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Gregg's this morning in Nisku, needed to pick up a hydraulic quick coupler for one of our dozers. Also needed nitrile gloves, the brand I usually buy for 35-40 bucks a box has gone up to 70 bucks, yikes. I went with a more economical brand, not ideal but thats the way it is. Inflation, supply and demand are very real right now.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lumber Prices May Crash Soon

The bank sees a sharp correction in prices as a result of production slowing, and rates tightening. SPF is forecast to fall to an average of US$415/mbf in 2022, down over 61.8% from this week. The bank expects prices to start falling in the second half of the year, straight through to 2022.Apr. 14, 2021

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was having a beer with friends at our campsite and the guy works for a tire shop in Calgary. He says getting brake parts for Ford F250 trucks is getting harder by the day. Even the F150's parts are getting tough to get. He also said Ford dealers dealing with warranty repairs is a nightmare getting ford parts for them

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got told today from our tire supplier there is shortage coming and prices going up
Oh there is for sure. Certain sizes of tire don’t exist anymore in certain models of toyo,nitto, firestone and haven’t been available for some time now. Get your tires now!!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That could cause problems in trucking, then we're hooped.
The Chineese will fill the gap, That was their plan the whole time, start covid, create covid shortages, then up the price on the Chinese crap tires.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Chineese will fill the gap, That was their plan the whole time, start covid, create covid shortages, then up the price on the Chinese crap tires.

They are in for the long play on everything.

Maybe they were looking for more than vaccine diplomacy maybe hoping to bring countries to their knees.

Maybe next time... we've proven a virus can outsmart us without vaccine.

Last edited:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to get a tire for my razor after cutting a hole in it riding the rocks at crowsnest pass had to buy 2 new ones the one I needed won’t be available for 2 months and the price on the new ones were 100 more than last year was told 27 inch are hard to get

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to get a tire for my razor after cutting a hole in it riding the rocks at crowsnest pass had to buy 2 new ones the one I needed won’t be available for 2 months and the price on the new ones were 100 more than last year was told 27 inch are hard to get

Same thing happened to me last July, punchcard a side wall and had to buy 4 replacement misfits to ride the holiday, nothing out there dealer said

Did find a set of used takeoff 32” and life’s been good, and love the extra clearance

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I needed some parts to hook up a pump to a water tank, went to Co Op Hardware in stony plain and there stock on these parts is basically the useless parts left, then headed to Peavy mart and it was basically the same. Will try UFA on Tuesday. Camlock fittings. They both usually have good stock, and its all the stuff that doesn't move. Both sales people said that they are not getting the stock in. And I see lots of empty shelves or shelves that the stock is all moved to the front to give that full feeling. I'm sure Amazon is liking this.

Top Bottom