Sept 14 !!! Lots of 900 xps for sale...........

PJ440x

Reaction score
I got it figured fine. I never said the rzr xp was 1000 lbs. I said the maverick is 300lbs heavier. Basing that on BRPs past history with weight figures: they claimed 1295lbs for the commander 1000 when it was released, actual weight 1500+. And I agree with you, the real story will be told out on the trail. More specifically: the racetrack.

Dry weight? I assume that this is not including all liquids and every accessory known to man which obviously adds up. Or do you think BRP is really off by as much as 300lbs on their dry weight??? The only way to truly know is to weigh both dry with the same scales and compare. I'm sure all manufactures lie about exact weights!!! No??

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dry weight? I assume that this is not including all liquids and every accessory known to man which obviously adds up. Or do you think BRP is really off by as much as 300lbs on their dry weight??? The only way to truly know is to weigh both dry with the same scales and compare. I'm sure all manufactures lie about exact weights!!! No??

Oh they all exaggerate their weight for sure, same with HP figures. Its all about winning the advertising wars. Independent testing is the only way to know for sure. 1295 was the claimed dry weight for the commander, I remember reading on another forum (highlifter I think) that some guy weighed his 1000 at 1500 lbs with all fluids except fuel. Engine oil, diff oil, and coolant do not add up to 200lbs so yeah, they were way off with that claim. But whatever, they're just numbers. Ride what you like best and have fun...that's what we buy 'em for.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can am guys in this thread after never driving an XP, or a maverick.........

circlejerk1312 up, 445 down
To kneel in a circle with others and pleasure oneself. Also refers to a pompous, self-congratulatory discussion where little to no progress is made.
1. "I just walked in on a circlejerk yesterday; it was terrible!"
2. "Did you catch that board meeting? Man, what a circlejerk!"

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've driven the xp, as well as the wildcat. I'll drive a maverick as soon as the dealer gets a demo too. have you driven a maverick?

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
ya i saw that post to. it was the guys 1000 outty but it weighed in at 1500 or so pounds but that was with all his gear, full of fuel and him on it...

the outlanders dont weight 200-300lbs more than they say...

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i saw that post to. it was the guys 1000 outty but it weighed in at 1500 or so pounds but that was with all his gear, full of fuel and him on it...

the outlanders dont weight 200-300lbs more than they say...

Well there you have it, my theory is shot. I mean, we couldn't possibly have been talking about two different posts...

Oh BTW, the claimed dry weight for the outlander 1000xt is 747lbs. Actual weight ready to ride with a full tank 925lbs. Those BRP-spec fluids must be damn heavy....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fixed it....
POLARIS guys in this thread after never driving an XP, or a maverick.........

circlejerk
1312 up, 445 down
To kneel in a circle with others and pleasure oneself. Also refers to a pompous, self-congratulatory discussion where little to no progress is made.
1. "I just walked in on a circlejerk yesterday; it was terrible!"
2. "Did you catch that board meeting? Man, what a circlejerk!"

Personally, I've driven a RZR std and a RZR-XP...and the XP is a helluva ride.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In terms of weight ,ALL sxs are heavy..............In the dunes ,it may make a difference in power to weight ratio performance that can be felt or measured......
In our riding up here (trails ,MUD ,muddy trails) with 300 lbs of mud and two passengers and full coolers etc etc.,i think there are much more important things that come into play...........
Such as:
TRUE 4wheel drive
Approach angles.
Clutching.
Articulation.
F/R weight bias.
Low range gearing.
Ability to lift and turn larger tires.
Amount of power that gets put to the ground.
Ground clearance ETC ETC...........

Power does not compensate for the above abilities or lack there off..........

Last edited:

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've driven the xp, as well as the wildcat. I'll drive a maverick as soon as the dealer gets a demo too. have you driven a maverick?

believe me, im all for the maverick. so far its very impressive.

i just dont believe its the "be all end all" sxs right now, since there hasnt been any other reviews on it.

can it be a rzr xp killer? absolutley.

is it? im not sure.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol.

Just for the odd time you have to go up a rocky hill very slow. Hate to burn belt off.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
saw an interior pic of one from the debut, looks like the same console and shift pattern as the commander. gonna say yes for low range

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will see a KTM SxS soon and needless to say it will rip!!!
Polaris has their new rzr coming out in Jan ,and I Am told it is beyond wicked....
John Deere is making a 50 inch high performance model with 14 inchs of travel and Yamaha might get back in the game as well.

So lots to look forward to
In the SxS world coming soon....

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris has their new rzr coming out in Jan ,and I told it is beyond wicked....
John Deere isaking a 50 inch high performance model with 14 inchs of travel and Yamha might get back in the game as well.

I read the yamaha thing somewhere too, I guess they have had a new model ready for a few years but are waiting until the lawsuits over the rhino have been settled. supposed to be a sport model of some sort, I can imagine it will be typical yamaha quality. should be interesting.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris has their new rzr coming out in Jan ,and I Am told it is beyond wicked....
John Deere is making a 50 inch high performance model with 14 inchs of travel and Yamaha might get back in the game as well.

as much as i would love to see all of this happearen, i highly doubt it.

it took KTM like 30 years to build a quad. i doubt they would jump into the UTV buisness so quickly. (although it would be a kick ass machine if they did!)

and yamaha hasnt changed the rhino in years.

who knows, i would like to see all that happen, but i just wouldnt hold my breathe.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A KTM sxs?? It's not nice to tease people like that. Holy hell that would be awesome! I can only imagine what companies like KTM, Yamaha, and Honda could come up with if they got off their wallets and decided to show everyone what's up. I can see KTM doing it, they have been going all out in the motorcycle world lately and poor sales on the ATV side are the only reason they stopped the program there. With sxs sales outpacing ATVs as of late maybe they will see the potential there and dive into the market. Honda, Kawi, and Yamaha...who knows? The japanese march to their own beat. They have the best engineers on earth, but their bean counters are tighter than a...(enter restraint)...piano string.

Top Bottom