Sept 14 !!! Lots of 900 xps for sale...........

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A KTM sxs?? It's not nice to tease people like that. Holy hell that would be awesome! I can only imagine what companies like KTM, Yamaha, and Honda could come up with if they got off their wallets and decided to show everyone what's up. I can see KTM doing it, they have been going all out in the motorcycle world lately and poor sales on the ATV side are the only reason they stopped the program there. With sxs sales outpacing ATVs as of late maybe they will see the potential there and dive into the market. Honda, Kawi, and Yamaha...who knows? The japanese march to their own beat. They have the best engineers on earth, but their bean counters are tighter than a...(enter restraint)...piano string.

Pffft. Leave Honda outta this. If you havn't noticed they're kinda sidetracked, plus, they'd make a side by side that rides like a friggen truck with bricks for shocks, uncomfortable, underpowered, non innovative.. Oh wait they already make One like that, Called the
Big red... But hey! It's reliable! The
Rest have potential though. Especially KTM, don't They make Some street buggy type thing in in some other country?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that as every new SxS come out, I will be looking for the guidance of Muffman prior to it's release for "the real story". LOL.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pffft. Leave Honda outta this. If you havn't noticed they're kinda sidetracked, plus, they'd make a side by side that rides like a friggen truck with bricks for shocks, uncomfortable, underpowered, non innovative.. Oh wait they already make One like that, Called the
Big red... But hey! It's reliable! The
Rest have potential though. Especially KTM, don't They make Some street buggy type thing in in some other country?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look outside the world of sleds and quads and you might have an understanding of what Honda could accomplish if they put their best effort in. That twin-clutch system they use in the 420 rancher has the potential to bury CVTs for good if they continue developing it. It has already chit-kicked torque converters and manuals in the sports car world. You think a 1000cc can-am v-twin with 101hp is impressive, imagine a 990cc V-5 with 240 HP (naturally aspirated) that's lighter and more compact than your current ATV motor...that's the level Honda is at. Oh correction: that's where Honda was at 11 years ago.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look outside the world of sleds and quads and you might have an understanding of what Honda could accomplish if they put their best effort in. That twin-clutch system they use in the 420 rancher has the potential to bury CVTs for good if they continue developing it. It has already chit-kicked torque converters and manuals in the sports car world. You think a 1000cc can-am v-twin with 101hp is impressive, imagine a 990cc V-5 with 240 HP (naturally aspirated) that's lighter and more compact than your current ATV motor...that's the level Honda is at. Oh correction: that's where Honda was at 11 years ago.
The V5 Honda might have a few issues as a SxS motor... Max Hp is at 14,000 rpm. Clutching might be difficult. It is also substantially larger than a 1000cc V-twin.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it substantially larger. If it fits in the the frame of a moto GP bike it could fit in a sxs. Clutching those kind of revs is not impossible either, Yamaha makes it work in the Phazer sled. At any rate I didn't mean to suggest Honda should put it in a sxs, I was just throwing it out there as an example of what Honda can do with an engine. It's too bad they have a habit of telling the consumers what they want instead of giving them what they want. All we can do is sit back and dream about all the awesome products they could be putting out right now.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but Come on how cool would it sound at 14000rpm??:d That would wake up the neighbors. lol

It would be like an F1 SxS hmmmmm

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, he slammed it pretty hard on the right rear! pretty sure any other breed wouldn't have come away from that without some damage. kinda looked like the whole cage was tweeked to the right looking from behind....maybe it was just the camera angle?

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Honda ATV's although reliable have been far behind all other manufactures for 10 years or so now when it comes to performance and rider comfort. Built for the working class IMO. Ever had a close look at the big red sxs?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honda ATV's although reliable have been far behind all other manufactures for 10 years or so now when it comes to performance and rider comfort. Built for the working class IMO. Ever had a close look at the big red sxs?

63F799D4-F8F4-43DD-A322-16CBC045CEE1-705-0000007C9BD8A9B5_zps9009c966.jpg

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please refer to the following instructional video. RZR101, see if you can point out which of these gentlemen represents you in this conversation:

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
point taken. where do you find the time to dig this sh/t up.

Top Bottom