Sept 14 !!! Lots of 900 xps for sale...........

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shut the eff up rzr101, you are out of your element!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whowa...ease up son. He's really NOT out of his element. Pretty sure RZR101's Xp would grind over top of you and your tonka toy in a mud hole....but he's a nice guy and might stop and give you a beer after.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whowa...ease up son. He's really NOT out of his element. Pretty sure RZR101's Xp would grind over top of you and your tonka toy in a mud hole....but he's a nice guy and might stop and give you a beer after.
I am joking,It is a line in the video.I would however would take said beer you speak of.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look outside the world of sleds and quads and you might have an understanding of what Honda could accomplish if they put their best effort in. That twin-clutch system they use in the 420 rancher has the potential to bury CVTs for good if they continue developing it. It has already chit-kicked torque converters and manuals in the sports car world. You think a 1000cc can-am v-twin with 101hp is impressive, imagine a 990cc V-5 with 240 HP (naturally aspirated) that's lighter and more compact than your current ATV motor...that's the level Honda is at. Oh correction: that's where Honda was at 11 years ago.

The twin clutch system doesn't hold together worth a ch!t. Don't know how many times we did transmission work on our 2 420s in the year we had them. Ended up blowing both trannys and trading them off on 500s that are no better. Bring back the 350s.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The twin clutch system doesn't hold together worth a ch!t. Don't know how many times we did transmission work on our 2 420s in the year we had them. Ended up blowing both trannys and trading them off on 500s that are no better. Bring back the 350s.

What exactly were you using them for to blow the trannys? I ride with two of them that had no issues and my 500 is rock solid. Not fast but diehard reliable.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What exactly were you using them for to blow the trannys? I ride with two of them that had no issues and my 500 is rock solid. Not fast but diehard reliable.

95% used as transport and moving cattle. 5% running back and forth in the fields. They just can't handle the feedlot mud.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Granted that was due probably to no low range, a gear reduction would have done the trick. The old 350's were geared way lower than the newer stuff from Honda. It was the first thing i did to the 680 and it made it much more rideable especially in the peanut butter muck.

Top Bottom