• Crash_Revelstoke_100203.jpg
    Crash_Revelstoke_100203.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 612
  • Crash_Revelstoke_100204.jpg
    Crash_Revelstoke_100204.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 612

summit1000man

Reaction score
thats kinda like what happened just south of leduc about 2 years ago on highway 2, we think the one truck blew a tire and smashed into another semi head on, both trucks were on fire and their was NOTHING left of them all the metal just melted

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats kinda like what happened just south of leduc about 2 years ago on highway 2, we think the one truck blew a tire and smashed into another semi head on, both trucks were on fire and their was NOTHING left of them all the metal just melted

I have pictures of those 2 trucks

snowtec

Reaction score
Some of my buddies wonder WHY I don't go to the Stoke or Sicamous any more. THESE pics tell why. Every time I was on #1 some trucker would damn near kill US. The Truckers on Hiway 16 don't seem to PUSH as hard. I'll keep going to McBride

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few pictures ......

Attachments

• mar 28,20062 032.jpg
    mar 28,20062 032.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 62
  • mar 28,20062 035.jpg
    mar 28,20062 035.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 61

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every time I was on #1 some trucker would damn near kill US.

Somehow I always doubt comments like this, I've been making my living driving truck for 25 years...

Seriously, you must be doing something wrong, I've seldom ever had problems with big trucks when I'm driving my P/U.

I would say that if every driver of a car/pick up had the same accident rate as truckers', we would pay almost nothing for insurance.

EVERY driver "thinks" they are a good driver, and the least experienced, for some reason think they are the best... weird ??? How could that happen...hmm

People "are doing it wrong" without even knowing it, I see it every day...

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somehow I always doubt comments like this, I've been making my living driving truck for 25 years...

Seriously, you must be doing something wrong, I've seldom ever had problems with big trucks when I'm driving my P/U.

I would say that if every driver of a car/pick up had the same accident rate as truckers', we would pay almost nothing for insurance.

EVERY driver "thinks" they are a good driver, and the least experienced, for some reason think they are the best... weird ??? How could that happen...hmm

People "are doing it wrong" without even knowing it, I see it every day...

Good words Pinner, I've been out there for 30yrs. I would love to take the peps that complain about the f#^%&g truckers out with me for just one trip to the coast and back, I really believe there would be a change in attitude. Just like in anything, a few bad apples can spoil the whole barrel.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Good words Pinner, I've been out there for 30yrs. I would love to take the peps that complain about the f#^%&g truckers out with me for just one trip to the coast and back, I really believe there would be a change in attitude. Just like in anything, a few bad apples can spoil the whole barrel.

I'm just happy that after a couple million miles on the hiway and thousands of hours in the bush I've never been fortunate enough to be first on the scene of something like these pictures!!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr 99summitx your out of this one now, you go the other way.....LOL

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My brother drives logging truck in B.C. , a B train. I have been on a lot of trips hauling logs.

I will stick to firefighting.....

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I will agree with you, there is a reason a lot of people give truckers a lot of grace and room. But the thing that pisses me off about some is the driving attitude "i'm bigger, i'll pull out in front of you, hit me if you want". I drive everyday past a set of scales and you won't believe how many times guys will put right out in front of me, just this week I was inches from hitting one. It just pisses me off so many of them don't look because it's not a busy road, and I guess they fail to realize the speed limit is 80 :rant: I don't care if I have to slow down for them pulling out a bit, but if I have to lock up my brakes and still nearly hit them i'm gonna be pissed.

Most truckers are good drivers and better then most in regular vehicles but defineatly are some that are just a$$holes.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive everyday past a set of scales and you won't believe how many times guys will put right out in front of me,

Just wondering if there is another lane available for you to move into?

That's' a pet peeve of mine,...a steady flow of traffic in the curb lane that could have/should have moved over for traffic trying to get onto the road.

Nothing at all makes me mad, got over that a long time ago, I expect the worst, and anything better is a good thing. :) Cheers

Top Bottom