Selling used sleds

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So to the guys with used sleds for sale, or quads or even vehicles for that matter- is your stuff moving??

I'm just curious because it seems that unless your willing to give it away, stuff just doesn't seem to be selling.

Or am I not seeing something?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
So to the guys with used sleds for sale, or quads or even vehicles for that matter- is your stuff moving??

I'm just curious because it seems that unless your willing to give it away, stuff just doesn't seem to be selling.

Or am I not seeing something?

took about 6 weeks for my quad to sell when I had it listed.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to be priced good IMO, people are lazy and won't come look at stuff unless it's a deal. Sold a Rhino and a quad in the spring, only had them on Kijiji for a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Have to be priced good IMO, people are lazy and won't come look at stuff unless it's a deal. Sold a Rhino and a quad in the spring, only had them on Kijiji for a day

I thought I was priced well, but others obviously didn't, either way its gone.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think unless it's something older and cheap or a stupid deal people just go finance new stuff. No one actually has cash any more. Been trying to sell my 2011 sportsman 800.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO people ask too much for used stuff, I wanted to buy a used UTV but it wasn't much more to get new. For sleds nobody wants 07/08 M8's, M1000's, really any Arctic Cat in general, Dragons, Turbo Nytro's.... Gotta give those away

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually just sell stuff cheap and take the loss or trade for something I can sell later. Dirt bikes seem to sell even if you ask more than they're worth.

jtern44

Reaction score
I've had zero luck with my sled, even put I'm open to offers and not even a bite. Had one offer to trade but other than that its been dead. Hopefully its just too early in the year yet...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think unless it's something older and cheap or a stupid deal people just go finance new stuff. No one actually has cash any more. Been trying to sell my 2011 sportsman 800.

you said it.

Economy's good - people go buy things on credit. Economy slows down a little - people need to get out from payments on their high priced toys. Long term financing is allowing manufacturers to sell to folks who want to afford every sport, and killing the re-sale market. 5 yr financing on toys that have a new model released every 2 seasons? Guys want the latest, so that forces them to sell used at what they owe on their 5 yr loan, not what the sled is actually worth. Since the majority of the payments initially on the financing are the interest, the outstanding balance is still pretty high and that forces the re-sale price up to zero the balance sheet. Other guys follow suit based on market value and comparable product. Lots of 2-3 yr old sleds on the seller sites for the same price as new - guess why. Makes it even easier for a dealer to sell a sled at this point - Hard to argue getting a full warranty vs only 1-2 yrs left for the same price, and not paying for a bunch of someone's upgrades that you didn't want and will have to change anyway.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With any toys I think you should have to have at least 50% down if your financing .
If you can't afford that you shouldn't be purchasing .IMO
All through my life I have never financed at toy?
Missed out a lot but sure didn't hurt me. Lol
If I wanted the said toy i just saved and worked harder .

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I dont agree, there is a butt for every seat. Ive sold everything i've ever wanted too. What kind of sled is this and what are you asking? Just because every other machine on the net is priced the same doesnt mean its fair market value.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

The financing era is entrenched in the younger generation. Most have to have everything now and everything is financed from homes, hot tubs, furniture, TV's, vehicles, insurance, toys and whatever. How many people pay for a year's insurance in one shot?

I dont agree, there is a butt for every seat. Ive sold everything i've ever wanted too. What kind of sled is this and what are you asking? Just because every other machine on the net is priced the same doesnt mean its fair market value.

Yes, I agree there is a butt for every seat and if priced right, things sell. The sled market is flooded right now. Everybody and their dog has a sled for sale to make way for the snow checks. The price is taking a beating. Saying that, I am still at the same price for the last couple of 2 year old sleds and it is starting to get some action. People even want to finance used sleds..............go figure?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find I sell stuff extremely fast but most people are dreamers on kijiji and think their crap is worth more than it's actual value ie: 2013 RZR 800 1800km 2in lift 28in mud tires $13,800obo when a new stock RZR800 is $14,000 out the door

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With any toys I think you should have to have at least 50% down if your financing .
If you can't afford that you shouldn't be purchasing .IMO
All through my life I have never financed at toy?
Missed out a lot but sure didn't hurt me. Lol
If I wanted the said toy i just saved and worked harder .

Good for you bud. When I grow up I want to be just like you. You are a superhero and a better human being because you don't finance things. Can we get a standing ovation In here

To the OP we are having a hard time sellin good used 1-2 year old units at very fair prices so i Duno? Seems to me if they are spending 10-12 they are going to go new.

Last edited:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of adds for sleds where the price is more than what I paid for brand new. As soon as you walk out the door with anything it's worth less. Especially off road vehicles that are ridden hard by their nature, wear out quickly and need a lot of maintenance.

If I'm buying a used 3yr old sled sled and someone is asking more than 70% of new, I won't even bother with a call. I'll pay the extra 30% to get brand spanking new and warranty and zero concern about the machine maintenance. Anything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say keep the price high when trying to sell ,cause if someone wants it they will make an offer!!some people focus on what they think they are loosing and others think about what they are gaining!!!

Top Bottom