Sea Foam.... Do you use it on your sled?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always thought of Seafoam the same way I think of Marvel Mystery Oil...

but there's some dudes in here who I would trust to know a thing or three saying it's the real deal...maybe I should feed a little to the old MX before the next run?

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never use any fuel additives. The age of the fuel is not as important as the method of storage. Gas in sealed container in a proper storage conditions will not degrade significantly for years. Although Sleds, Generator, Boats Lawn Mowers etc don't have sealed gas tanks if they are filled full before storage which reduces the surface area exposed to air and stored in a cool (sub 30 C) building or trailer there will be no significant degradation over 6 to 8 months. The vapor pressure gasoline is greatly effected by temperature so if you expect to store your sled in a black insulated trailer exposed to full sunshine for the summer you are probable going to have a problem. In closing I agree with mod man even chemists test there **** and wreck perfectly good stuff all the time. So unless you have an old lawn mower that you want to get rid of I would not recommend do it your self concoctions.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never use any fuel additives. The age of the fuel is not as important as the method of storage. Gas in sealed container in a proper storage conditions will not degrade significantly for years. Although Sleds, Generator, Boats Lawn Mowers etc don't have sealed gas tanks if they are filled full before storage which reduces the surface area exposed to air and stored in a cool (sub 30 C) building or trailer there will be no significant degradation over 6 to 8 months. The vapor pressure gasoline is greatly effected by temperature so if you expect to store your sled in a black insulated trailer exposed to full sunshine for the summer you are probable going to have a problem. In closing I agree with mod man even chemists test there **** and wreck perfectly good stuff all the time. So unless you have an old lawn mower that you want to get rid of I would not recommend do it your self concoctions.
Straight gas mabe, but 90 % of gas now has some percentage of ethanol

That's the problem with the new gas, the moisture from ethanol and other issues from moisture in the system when sitting

Where sea foam not only is a good cleaner it also eats the water up not suspensending like gas line antifreeze ext

I have used in my front diff with water in it , milky oil

Engines with coolant in oil ect

Takes it 99 % gone

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GBCA = Greater Beach Corner Area

You guys must be feeling friendly today cause I don't think I've never seen you guys tell anybody before? The usual response is just to say it's a pretty big deal so they should already know. .

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow not sure we've been called a good group before

We've been called lots but never good before. Always a first.... You should really get to know us we love to drink .

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Tis the season for sharing..... and we're all broke so information is all we have to give.

You guys must be feeling friendly today cause I don't think I've never seen you guys tell anybody before? The usual response is just to say it's a pretty big deal so they should already know. .

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guy borrowed my outboard motor for 15 years and never returned it, it was gummed up big time. I have a new love for seafoam.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed with above... saved my self from a few carb jobs, empty old gas add bottle of seafoam and some fresh gas, run it, let it sit and problem solved

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried a can in a Honda generator that would barely run and the auto throttle wouldnt work. it took a few hours of running but in the end it worked like new again. I was pretty happy with it.

Top Bottom