Sauna build.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Looks good Doug
Thanks images-4.jpeg Mike. I am excited for the first bathe.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Still waiting for the electrician to connect the heater, controller c/w temperature thermocouple, and tie into the panel.

My work is don (I still have to make a railing around the heater and I will do that when the electrician is finished). Finished measurements are 6.5' x 4.5' x 8' high for a total of 234 cu.ft. The 6kw heater came from Ontario for a cost of $1,390.00. including taxes and shipping. The whole inside of the sauna is cedar; walls, benches, floor, door, folding step, and head rests. Cost was $2,125.00. Insulation and miscellaneous (Marine light, screws, tin foil, tape, poly, staples, vents, and electrical wire) was $200.00. The total (not including the cost for the electrician) is $3775.00

Pictures showing the outside door, the folding step to get up to the top bench, the heater location, the head rests, and the removable floor system.

IMG_5629.jpeg

IMG_5628.jpeg

IMG_5627.jpeg

IMG_5626.jpeg

IMG_5625.jpeg

IMG_5624.jpeg

IMG_5623.jpeg

IMG_5622.jpeg

All set to enjoy the first session. It can snow all it wants to now and my old bones will feel good before going to bed.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Good work, really like the finished Cedar, table and inclines are an added feature.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! I can smell the cedar just looking at them pics! Is that lock on the outside door to make sure you can trap someone in there? My wife was in an outhouse recently that had one on the outside to hold the door shut when not in use. It ended up spinning a bit and locking her in there. My daughter and I were laughing when we saw her hand sticking out of the top of the door waving at us to come let her out!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. No accounting of the hours and not even a clue. Just worked a little everyday depending on what else was going on. Retirement is sweet. #shuswaplife

The lock on the outside is to keep it closed when not in use. The gear room is a little crowded and keeping the food closed will help.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug that is awesome, soon as breakup hits I'm going to get started on mine. In the meantime I'm heading to your house for quality inspection.

Great job!!!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom