Sad but true

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm venting a bit..I don't care if anyone reads it, but thought I'd post it in the Polaris section.

First off, I know I'm not the only poor azz sucker who had an issue with my 800 Dragon, but here's why I'm pizzed, or shall I say, dissapointed.

Bought the sled new (an '09) from a dealer I thought was ok...(other thread about this peice of work on here already) Asked about getting the extened warranty but was told I have until the factory warranty runs out to get the extended(1yr), OK, no problem. Sled never gave any issues and had the recall done on it and asked about getting the extended warranty again, was told I have a full year warranty again and from the time the recall was done, and could get the extended within the next year... So went purchase the extended warranty just before the yr was up from the recall, was told nope, to late for that sled...fack. Sure enough the sled totally grenades next trip out (1800mi, totally bone stock, only ever rideen in powder in the mtns), needs a complete new motor, back to the dealer to see what we can figure out...says nothing he can do, but he'd give me 1500 bucks for it, he can eat a pile of dog turds at this point for all I care. Then on a side note, I seen the dealer yard lot was totally redone, no more gravel, nice asphalt, must be making (taking) to much money. I'll never go back in that store again and have told anyone I meet about his snakiness, to which I am always told of other similar shyster moves..so I know I'm not alone..
Called another dealer, they at least went to bat for me, asked Polaris for some kind of help (goodwill/some sort of trade-up progam towards new Pro etc, anything), but after 7 weeks of jumping throught the hoops for Polaris, the dealer was told nothing will be done (good on the Dealer, Thanks Parkland Sled&Atv, but it's out of there hands).. so in total this proces has taken since May..and the snow is almost here.. good thing I picked up an Arctic Cat this summer, because Polaris has lost another customer for life.. I have only ever had Polaris, and I never will again just based on this experince.. I've never made an insurance claim, warranty claim, and take care and pride in all the things I've worked hard to aquire . Sad how these things work.. Like I said, I know I'm not the first and only nor will I be the last to have a situation like this, but, to buy a new $12,000 machine and then to get offered $1,500 to buy it back from the place it was bought from is a just a big kick in the junk, but I guess that's how you asphalt your dealership yard..that is, if you're a giant douchebag, IMHO!

OK, rant over, need snow, time to get on this Cat..

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a reason why it took alot to snowcheck my machine. I didnt want to spend that kind of cash only to get a boat anchor a year later. I hope I dont have issues with the new one.

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
Went through the same thing with my 09 pile of heaping after birth. Was told when I bought it that I had a 2 yr warranty so of course first year it ran awesome no probs. Then the second year came and first it started leaking fuel so I took it to the dealer and they fixed it and I told them its still under warranty. Well that never got figured out but got fixed and I went riding again. They kept asking "is it under warranty" and I kept telling them YES. Well you know what came next the pile of after birth blew up on the road. So it just happened that I was riding with the Manager of the Polaris shop that day so he took it with him back 2 the shop. So now the jumpin threw hoops begins. Once again they kept asking if its under warranty. So I showed them paper work of when I bought it and told them to do the math it hasnt been 2 years for the love of god. Long story short the whole engine had to be replaced which they did fight for and got Polaris to pay for it. But then they came back and tried to get me to pay the labor. Well I told them this piece of sh#t is yours now and I am stopping payments on it. Need less to say they gave me back my pile of sh#t and no charge for the labor. But one good thing they gave me $5000 trade in and knocked another $500 off a 12 pro. So I was happy with that, but this is their last chance if this sled takes a dump I am droppin it off at the Polaris shop and goin to give the arctic cat a run that new cat looks good. Also i feel that the cat has the strongest engine. We will see. But that sucks shitfly let me know how your cat works.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the feel of the HCR better than the Dragon so far..thinking it'll fit my riding style a bit better.
You'll dig the new PRO for sure, super nice sled, hope they hold up better than the new 800Cats did this year right outa the gate!(poke poke!)

On a side note, if anyone knows of a '09 dragon motor for parts (need an injector, crank&case, cyl), let me know! Thinking I should post in the classifieds..Anyways, think I might slowly piece this yard decor together, try out the PMS "fix" for the top end. Can't see putting in a 'stock' motor back in for $3800, kinda seems like the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over/over and expecting a different result..) thinking I can piece the parts I need for under 1500..
Good luck to who ever has a Dragon, hope you don't deal with a shop in a town that rhymes with 'SchEckville', I'd move on if you do.. JMO..

Tyler

Top Bottom