S36 upgrade

Moeman

Reaction score
Just picked up a S36 kit for my old xp due to a hidden tv sized rock in McBride. Does anyone know aside from the spring preload, if the shock its self is adjustable,other than revalving?

Last edited:

Moeman

Reaction score
Any insite would be appriciated. There is a phllips screw in the top which would be a fill port or an adjustment. Would like to know before playing with it and possibly f**k**g it up.
Thanks.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno.

Not sure but don't the older hpg clickers like the rev x had the flat screw.

from my HTC

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if ya don't mess with it how ya know if ya faak it up? personaly i'd leave it alone, until ya know for sure. my 700summit don't have no fancy shocks with srews so i am lost.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard it was a dampening screw....only rumours though.

steve a

Reaction score
i was in the dealer the other day and noticed the free ride had piggy back shocks on it . It might be possible to get the s-36 kit with those shocks they probably have adjustment

Moeman

Reaction score
Anyone know if the upper A-arms have a left and right side or are they the same? Thanks

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do not the same. Figured that out the hard way. You have to look at a similar sled to figure out which one is which. The angle at the ball joint is where your looking

lightforce89

Reaction score
i was in the dealer the other day and noticed the free ride had piggy back shocks on it . It might be possible to get the s-36 kit with those shocks they probably have adjustment

Won't work, Freeride shocks are longer than the KYB's that come with the S-36 kit. Would have to get the Freeride shocks shortened to work with the S-36 kit.

Top Bottom