S -36 Kit $ 680 + tax Really??????

ktownsumx

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have an 09 XP and unless their is 2' + fresh it can be a little hard sometimes to lean it over. Especially near the end of the day when your tired. I cant afford an XM right now so I was looking into a S-36 front end kit. Went to the local Ski Doo dealer here in Kelowna (where i buy oil, plugs, belts,gloves,shovel, ect) and ask for the price. They just turned the catalogue my way and pointed at the list price. Thanks for nothing. A call to Kamloops and its $ 30 bucks cheaper there. I thought a year ago everyone was paying about $ 500? Am I wrong here. Seems a little price when you add tax its $ 760. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope Ur right. It was 500-550 last year.

I couldn't get my hands on one so I waited till this year. Only to find out it went up in price.

So I'm too cheap to pay the extra.

I can get one shiped from USA for 550.

sent from my htc

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out alternative impact I think they're narrow arms use the stock shocks and they'll set you back a lot less.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they don't come with shocks and steering rods.. you end up having to cut your own steering rods to size.. pain in the arsehole

AI kit is $435 so for almost $250 I think a guy can cut two rods and clean up the threads on them?

Edit: not to mention the almost 6 lbs you save as the AI are cromoly.

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent my AI a-arms back. I dont trust the way the ball joint is attached, and their wieght claims were out to lunch.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Never thought I would see the day someone complained about the price of that kit........................Before that had that kit I impaled the front end of my sled and it was about 9 grand. It would have been SOOOOO much cheaper had that kit been around. Beyond me why someone would have a problem paying that. I know people that buy one of those kits with the parts order with thier new sled becuase what the heck....You basically have a parts inventory for your sled! Those 2 shocks ALONE are like 1400 bucks!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But you don't get 1000$ worth of shocks with it.....

Can you not just buy the A-arms and steering rods separately also? Why not buy the kit and sell the shocks on Kijiji if you don't need them ($250-$300 a shock puts you very little out of pocket for the kit)? If they are worth $700 each it shouldn't be an issue getting rid of them.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all that tells me is they gouge the fawk outta customers that need a shock. are you going to tell me they sell these kits and lose money? c'mon bro....

Amen T - was thinking the same thing. Got Mark up?

And for that kind of money I could buy Raptors or Evols and get infinite adjustability in the shock

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
all that tells me is they gouge the fawk outta customers that need a shock. are you going to tell me they sell these kits and lose money? c'mon bro....

What the heck are you even talking about? Of course they dont lose money.... They set this kit up to try and accomodate people with old sleds so they can have the advantages of the newer sleds....They are looking after people with OLDER machines... they dont just DUMP them on the sidelines. And generally when you bring in a sled with a smashed front end your putting through insruance or something yea... It ISNT cheap. People have found other uses for this kit...Mark my words it wont always be as cheap as it is right now... People always have to turn negative. THEY ARE GOUGING ME!!!! We arent even TALKING about the price of a single shock we are talking about the price of the kit. EVERY manufacturer does it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys beat me to this one. The stock doo shocks aren't bad but they don't even hold a candle to what else is available in that price range if you're talking $700 a piece.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
NOT DENYING a markup.. Im just saying I think its GREAT they have that kit out to try and accomodate the older sled customers....Whats the POINT in complaing about the price of the single shock????? Its just to argue!!!!! YOU CAN GET THE WHOLE KIT FOR THAT PRICE.......SO DO IT!!!!! Who cares if the price is rediculous you dont HAVE to buy the single shock lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys beat me to this one. The stock doo shocks aren't bad but they don't even hold a candle to what else is available in that price range if you're talking $700 a piece.

Ya this is true. But that's not the point. If you want a replacement brp shock it's big bucks. Oh don't think anyone ever would they would go with fox or something.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the heck are you even talking about? Of course they dont lose money.... They set this kit up to try and accomodate people with old sleds so they can have the advantages of the newer sleds....They are looking after people with OLDER machines... they dont just DUMP them on the sidelines. And generally when you bring in a sled with a smashed front end your putting through insruance or something yea... It ISNT cheap. People have found other uses for this kit...Mark my words it wont always be as cheap as it is right now... People always have to turn negative. THEY ARE GOUGING ME!!!! We arent even TALKING about the price of a single shock we are talking about the price of the kit. EVERY manufacturer does it.
I'm not saying the kit isn't a smoking deal and a great improvement, just that their parts pricing are out to fawking lunch. look at clutch parts, price out a TRA piece by piece, I'm sure you know EXACTLY what I'm even talking about. don't go all salesman on me dude.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe there is some logical explanation.............................................................................................................................................................lol

Top Bottom