Running board Replacment.

Reklaw

Reaction score
So I was side swiped this weekend and buddy hit and bent the left running board and broke the rear running board bracket on my 24 summit X. I looks like I should only have to replace the outer piece and the back bracket. Has anyone changes these out or even the whole running boards? Any tips or advice? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1267.jpeg
    IMG_1267.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 67

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Muskoka just said its 1600 at the dealer for a full replacement installed, not hard to do yourself in the shop in a afternoon tho

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was side swiped this weekend and buddy hit and bent the left running board and broke the rear running board bracket on my 24 summit X. I looks like I should only have to replace the outer piece and the back bracket. Has anyone changes these out or even the whole running boards? Any tips or advice? Thanks

Sled is Insured? Or take it in and send buddy the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have changed them.(the outside piece, you dont have to replace the board looks like) Its pretty easy. Youll need a good drill bit, good stainless steel rivets, rivet gun and a hammer by the looks of things..

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m going to put a set of cr boards on my XM this week, call Chad in kelowna he has sets ready to go for your sled.

Reklaw

Reaction score
I have changed them.(the outside piece, you dont have to replace the board looks like) Its pretty easy. Youll need a good drill bit, good stainless steel rivets, rivet gun and a hammer by the looks of things..
Yeah im thinking just the outside piece. any tips on taking out the old rivets? just drill them like a reg rivet?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah im thinking just the outside piece. any tips on taking out the old rivets? just drill them like a reg rivet?

Yep just drill them out. When I ordered that piece, it came raw aluminum though. So you'll probably have to get it powder coated.

Its a pretty easy job.

Top Bottom